BLF 26650 pocket special

The project is not dead just sleeping while I’m talking with a few people on making the light. It went from an idea to a concept with most of the detail nailed down. I’m trying to use a slightly modified LD-2M driver. Please be patient I’m trying.

Very Cool! Glad to hear it.

+1

Put me down for one, depending on final specs. Rather have the quality over a low price…

I’ve been quietly watching this thread from the sidelines. I’m sure the end result will be the right decision. Keep at at it til you sort it all out.

I’m with Hoop, like the plan and would rather have it done this way than a glorified C8. The larger cell just brings so much more functionality to the powerhouse.

Glad to here there is still interest. I had wrote it off but I’m happy people are still pursing it.

Hoop what are your plans? I had thought about getting some L2 tube and trying to machine a head for it that would make it P60 compatible but I don’t have the time nor a lathe anymore to do it. I figured of it was P60 compatible there would be a wide variety of configurations you could set it up with.

No rush at all my friend. :slight_smile: I in no way meant to imply that.
I just wanted you to know I think your onto a good thing and will support you….
And if it cost a few extra bucks to get it done right… no problem. I am in regardless…… :+1:

Good luck……….

The plan is to make a minimalist knurly style tube light. I’ll chop the tubes to 1x26650 length in a way that looks good and thread either end. A copper pill (with retaining ring style driver retention) will thread inside the head end, and the star and optics stack will be retained by a bezel. I may utilize the existing “anti-roll ring” threads for the bezel if they are well suited to this. The tail end will require a miniaturized Judco switch, retained by a bezel ring similar to the head end. I’m thinking it’ll look more or less symmetrical, and not have thumb cutouts on the tail. Haven’t gotten that far yet.

+1 and same for me

Hoop. What is the optimal lens diameter you’re thinking of?

I’m thinking the 25mm khatod quad should work fine, and under a 26.8mm UCL lens.

+1

Still following this thread with interest. I do not have enough knowledge to be of much help but enjoying reading about what you all are coming up with. I’d definitely be in for one.

Loving the idea of this light! Just please make sure there is a true moon mode … So useful.

Not dead yet. I’ve got one hope on a manufacturer. The driver is probably the LD-2M.

And not even dormant- just progressing slowly which as we all see, gives plenty of time to get everything right first time round :+1:
I’d rather see this than a hurried-up mess; patience is indeed a virtue.

Thanks for the persistence T.S. - another worthwhile virtue!
Phil

Great news ‘t s’, thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

+1
So true, so true…. well said ‘SM’…… :+1:

This could be good. subbed

I just gave an old 26650 Trustfire A8 a facelift with a 30mm Khatod.

LINK
Trustfire A8 quad build in the modding thread