BLF A6 and similar

So I’m pretty much new to the non-mainstream flashlight scene. I own a bunch of Streamlight, Olight, Coast, etc. Stuff you can buy in stores.

I just bought the BLF A6 from banggood 1A, I like cool white, I know most guru’s like neutral or Nichia but I can’t stand that color, just my personal preference.

I am very impressed with this little light, the BLF A6, it has all the modes I want, Moonlight, low and a blazing high beam. The only dislike I have is the pocket clip, it has very pointed edges that snag on th epocket when trying to put it in or draw it out of the pocket. Is there a more slimline pocket clip available for it that is deep carry? I have found one for the convoy s2+, is that tube the same as the BLF A6?

Also, since I am very new to all these, are there any other flashlights in this size, the pocketable 18650 that I can look into without having to spend $70+ on a main brand like Olight, Streamlight?

I like to be able to pocket carry with a deep carry pocket clip and just need moonlight, a modest low, and High(around 1k lumens or more). I like cool white tints and a little mix of spot/flood. Should I just buy a couple of more BLF A6 to have as backups, or is there anything else out there similar in this category I should look into?

Sofirn SP32A 2.0

Check it out on Aliexpress, you will like it :laughing:

Using a nitefox U20 right now, its a bit longer but its got great mode spacing, a moonlight (its not a dim though) and although the tint isn't described, it looks very cool to me. It also comes with a pouch for your belt which might be something you'd like instead of pocketing it. Looks like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Small-Size-Flashlight-Pouch-17x4x2cm-Accessory-Tools-Holster-Durable-Nylon-Flashlight-Holster-Hunting-Torch-Holder-Black/32708507034.html

Take a look at Jaxman . This will have nice smooth beam, cool white for your preference.

The convoy S2+ is a classic, and is available in a variety of tints. Order from convoy.aliexpress.com to get the biscotti firmware. It isn’t as bright at max brightness as a A6, but the difference between 1000lm and 1400lm isn’t very noticable, while the improved runtime is.

Sofirn SP32a v2 is neutral white, not cool white. Their (NW) SF36 is a nice light too, not a tube light, but the head isn’t very large.

I don’t have one, but people like On The Road’s flashlights, and they are available in cool white.

You can also put this clip on the BLF A6 :wink:
I use it 6 or 7 lights and works fine! :beer:
(From Convoy Store in AliExpress, China): https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/flashlight-waist-clip-stainless-steel-clip-for-new-C8-M2-S3/330416_2049685616.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.11.2a246e86LrQXSm

(From MTN Electronics, USA): Stainless Steel Flashlight Pocket Clip

(you can also find it in Banggood and other AliExpress stores)

:beer:

Sure you can fit a Convoy clip to a BLF A6 ,Unfortunatly the holes on the clip are a bit wider than needed, can’t remember precisely how I did it , think I drilled the holes in the tail cap out a little and finshed it off with a needle file to get them just right. (tip, remove the switch and rubber cover when doing this or you will most likely damage them )

The clip sits nicely and I like it far far better than the original , Standard length clip also fits 18350 tube but is too long really and could scratch when removing head to change battery.

I cut one down and reformed the end to fit the 18350 one , see pictures……!

Like Sivy showed above :

I was looking at this type, but the other I might try as well.

Convoy clip

Just file those little tabs off. Problem solved.

Snap those little puppies right off

Oh, forgot to mention, since you like cool white, a Luminus SST-40 LED in a BLF A6, or similar, should really crank out a lot of light (and heat).