Blf a6 driver after driver breaking, aswell as a few leds, what am I doing wrong here?

My blf drivers just keep failing, I bought 5 to put in some lights, and they have all just died, wont turn on anymore. They have also fried the led a few times aswell. The new red 7135 convoy drivers seem to hold up fine though. Maybe the blf drivers are pulling too many amps to last in the long run. Atlest I have had leds burn out because of continuous use in direct drive.
So what is this bs? Do I need to stick with 2,8-3A?
Btw bought the driver off Bg!

The BLF drivers from banggood are known to have poroblems. There a whole thread dedicated to it. They used the cheapest subpar parts for the puting them together. That said, there are some simple mods that will most likely cover up the problems. See if you can find that thread. If not, I’ll try to look it up for you.

so what you’re saying is that they are basically fake blf drivers, not the real deal, where could I get better drivers? Kaidomain maybe?

can’t find the post, too much blf driver related stuff. Could you look it up?

Sure. It’s actually a thread that discusses the original light it was designed for but towards the end there is much info on the driver. the drivers are nice drivers but they require a bit of diy.

Kadomain has great stuff. It’s a trusted name here.

I used more than 10 BG blf drivers - no problems at all.
Mike

+1 I’ve used 3 with no problems at all. All from BG

Was it the drivers failing or did the leds die? (leds in direct drive need attention to heat sinking, be at least on a DTP ledboard).

I have many of those Banggood BLF-A6 and X5/X6 drivers in my lights and although depending on the specific build they are used in they can have problems with timing and mode changes (as said there are some fixes around for that), none have died sofar.

the drivers were fine resoldered the 7135 and checked the connections, works fine, led is toast, oh well got 10 extra leds though. Maybe it gets a spike at startup, I have it set to high on startup, that seems to kill leds, since start amperage is usually higher, maybe start on low and it will be fine?

What leds, what battery, what ledboards are you using?

xm-l2, lg hg2 or panasonic 18650b, blf a6 direct drive fet+1 board

+1
I, 6 from 1st batch
All works fine with XM-L/XP-L on Noctigon star

they all worked fine at first but after a while I couldn’t change modes and then it wouldn’t turn on.

Did you resolder the LED wires from the driver? I bumped some thing on one of my boards and i lost some modes i will find the driver on here.

Its a part of learning I have stuffed a few drivers of different kinds. Hahaha i tried to solder 7135 and they went flying across the room. I do not have steady arms.

Does the driver spin when you tighten up the retaining ring? I had that happen also with the drivers. I have stuffed LEDs tightening up bezels.

Did you buy the A6 or the X6 driver? What attiny version is it?

just heated up the legs to melt the solder and moved the negative wire to the ground of the mosfet.Driver sits tight under the ring, no movement. I think my springs may be bad too, they squished and went flat lol, thus shorting out and the light would not turn on. Also on my eagle eye x6 and the convoy s8 only short unprorected cells seem to work, the longer ones squish the spring to a pancake, thus not working, haha.

the a6 dd17 or something, it was cheaper than the other 5€ ish vs 8 ish

attiny13 Ibthink

Yea it shorted out. So the springs melted you will need to change them.

Some thing some where has to be shorting out. Is the reflector touching any wires in the head?

no, battery was too long, so it shorted, nothing seems to be touching, an other time the driver was fine but the led fried, when I had on high mode as the first mode, maybe the amps spiked for a second and fried it, although running close to twice the rated current won’t do you any favors itlr.