BLF customized Tank007 Lights: Which would you be interested in?

I like the 567 also but I would really like a clip. A nice light like that, I want to EDC but not without a clip.
If the E07 is the direction this takes, I would vote for the osram. Something different. How many Q5s can a guy have.

I don't like the looks of the 567 but would be very interested in an E07 with a neutral XM-L driven at 1.4a - 1.8a with ultra low (5 lumen) > low (30 lumen) > medium (150 lumen) > high (100%) in that order with ot without memory. Just my 2¢ but I'd pay $30 easy for that sweetness.

Johnny

I'm in for the TK-567: XP-G R4 nw, SL-L-M-H w/o mem, AA extension tube.

I got the last BLF light with this sequence and starting on really low and clicking several times to reach high time I needed to turn it off momentarily was ridiculous. It seemed better on paper than reality. If mode memory is properly done I don't really see the drawback, someone who used low a lot still has it every time the light turns on, or they can switch to it (or whatever their favorite mode is) before turning it off from another mode.

I also proposed something like a M-H-SL-L for no-mem lights or if they're just going to used crappy memory implementation where it takes 5 seconds of off to make it stick. M is like 30 lumen on nimh which really isn't that bright. 5-10 lumen for low is already $0.50 1-led keychain light level. If I wanted a 5 lumen light, I wouldn't have spent $25 on it.

Also, a super low isn't necessarily going to save you much when the battery is low, PWM takes full current instantaneously. The "moonlight" modes on expensive lights are implemented I think with different kind of circuit which these aren't going to have.

Anyway, just my honest opinion.

On the lights themselves, an XML with a zoom lense is not necesarily a good idea unless they can use a custom lense with short focal length.

An extension tube would be a good idea since there aren't that many decent 2AA lights out there, and the option for one is pretty nice.

If they can use a slightly neutral-ish tint like the Mr.Lite, but without the ridiculous modes, I'm sold.

there are those of us who actually use a very low lumen setting on a regular basis

for checking pupils on patients, 30 lumens is really too bright (try it on yourself)

also after developing some night vision, nothing wrecks it faster than clicking on 200+ lumens. in some situations it can save your life not to have a beacon come on full blast while you are just trying to get down a few stairs.

I'm not fond of the idea of 4 modes. The problem with 3 modes is all about spacing. The low isn't low enough, and the medium is too close to high. Make a 3 mode light with 1%, 15%, 100% or there abouts. With that in mind:

My vote goes for the Tank E07. I would prefer an xp-g R4(nw), but will settle for the OSRAM if it's untenable. 3 modes 1%,15%,100%. I ok either way with or without mode memory, as long as 1% is first. (and have em throw in a pocket clip while they're at it :) )

Are you kidding me? Checking pupils on patients with a CREE? A Photon is infinitely adjustable without the side-effect of blinding them with an accidental click.

For night vision, much of any white light wrecks it anyway. You need a red led. The point of having a cree light is more of it, which is why all the recent interest on the board is in xm-l's and not dimming 5mm led's. Plus if I'm going down the stairs with a flashlight, it's because I'm coming from a lit area going to a place that's dark, and I don't want to wait for the night vision to adapt, not burgularizing someone's home.

Hi everyone, great responses to these options.

So, quite a few asked about a custom BLF engraving. I also would like it if it doesn't increase the price too much. Jim is currently checking on that.

I'm not sure about an XP-G or XM-L on the E07. According to the information they gave Jim, the "best" LED they can put in is a "Q5", which I assume to be an XP-E. An XP-E Q5 isn't really anything special, but the OSRAM is different, and actually very bright according to most of the reviews. And it's cheaper too. I'd recommend we go for the OSRAM.

Same thing for the TK-567, they said the maximum upgrade is an "R2", which I don't really understand, because it already has an R2. I'll have to check more on this one.

About the extension tube on the TK-567, it's actually easy to please everyone, come to think of it. We can probably get a slightly lower price without it, and then they could sell the extension tube separately for a few bucks more for those who want it. Sound good?

We're thoroughly divided on the mode arrangement. :) OK, so for the E07, somebody mentioned that 4 modes would be a bit much for a keychain twisty, and I think they are right. Let's go for 3 modes: Moonlight (1%), Medium (20%) and Maximum (100%). But I'm still not sure about the order of those 3 modes. Here's an idea: If there are only 3 modes, how about Max->Moonlight->Med? I think the medium mode would actually be used least, so maybe we could put it last. Just an idea.

The prices I mentioned probably won't change much. Jim is doing this as promotional favor for us, essentially at cost.

So, let's hope we get some more updates soon from Jim. Meanwhile, have fun!

I'll take a 567 w/o the extension tube but with a clip and a 737 with an xml. Hell, I might just buy all 3 of them especially if they have the BLF logo.

If this goes down, I would purchase two 737s/4-mode non-blinky using an 18650.

Foy

I'm happy to see Tank007 getting involved, given their good reputation for quality.

I'd prefer one of these two:

• E07 with 3 modes with a 2-lumen moonlight mode. I'd slightly prefer the Q5 led, but a good Osram is OK as well. As far as tint, I'd prefer neutral as a good balance between efficiency and color.
  • TK-737 3-mode zoom with an XML would be nice, as long as it is well driven on high and with a similar moonlight mode. I don't have any twist or XM-L zoom lights, so it would be a first.

"BLF Edition" etched on the side is a must, either way! For modes, I prefer H-M-L/H-M-L-UL, but I'm flexible. I prefer no memory, but can live with one if others prefer it.

I would buy a Tank007 TK-737 with an XM-L emitter. The more non-blinking/non-flashing modes the better. I would really like perfect mode memory, like my current TK-737 has.

How much price difference are we talking about, in regard to OSRAM and Q5? How efficient is the OSRAM compared to the XP-E? I don't mind losing some lumens on high, as long as the runtime is equally longer. If we could get a neutral tint, I'd be all in for the OSRAM however. I know they used to have neutral tints in it over at dealextreme, but that changed if I remember correctly.

I like the idea of only 3 modes for the E07, and the Max->Moonlight->Med idea isn't stupid. If I need a flashlight, I'd usually need it at maximum output, and if you know that you need moonlight, it's not too hard to turn it on, off and on again while blocking the output.

Hmm, any chance of getting that 4 mode aa/14500 circuit board seperately as a "spare part" from tank007? I've been looking for ages a good 1-4,2V driver with low-low mode.

I'm pretty sure the extention for the 567 is the same one they use for the 566 and 568..sorta seems to make sense huh ? they are available at manafont and elsewhere for about 2.50 to 3.00. of all the extentions i think this is the best one I've ever seen .I like the 566 in a 2 AA configuration with this extention and I am like most people ..I don't like 2AA lights BUT for a few bucks i suggest trying it anyway.

I'm all for the xpg neutral emitters and pretty confused why They'd say no to them .osram is pretty old and curious about efficiency and have seen large variations in tints with them . I'm with Match on modes 1/15/100 3 modes not 4. Tanks are known for pwm .So i'd make sure that it was not an issue .

Make it a matched set

To be honest I will probably buy any of them but I prefer the 737 then 567. I have a few zoomies and find them very useful. 3 mode max. If ever need less than low I will use my keychain light. Can we call it "The Fizz"

memory: why not

modes: Dont care that much. 3- HML or LMH

I think the e07 reflector as it is now is designed for the osram anyway. I'm not sure if they're adding a new one just for us? If not, a cree isn't necessarily going to focus right anyway. I think most people would want the neutral-ish tint osram and not the cool ones some got with their e07.

Personally I'm somwhat more interested in the 567, but mostly because it's not a light you can get anywhere else, whereas the e07 is pretty common.

For modes, the one you propose is ok. Just for comparison, I carry an ITP A3 twist in my jacket and it's M-L-H. I don't know how tank's memory circuits are, but if they can get it to work well, I think it would satisfy more people because it's most flexible (everyone just leave it where they want and not so much arguing which is best :)).

Hmm... Yes... In twisty light more than 3 modes could be a chore. I still vote for L-M-H with no memory, like for example ITP A3 upgrade. I'll take it regardless of the mode order, but I don't like being blinded by huge amount of light when turning light on in pitch black. How 'bout L-H-M then?

There really isn't a lot of room inside the E07 head. I've had to take one of mine apart. The pics which aren't very good are half way down this page.

http://www.jayki.com/5538

Personally, I think that two modes is enough for a small twisty - maybe three but that just tends to get fiddly. The driver for the E07 is almost certainly unique to that light and they probably won't be interested in making a special one for what to them is a minute number of sales. If it can be done at a good price I'd be interested, but it isn't as if they can just use an off-the-shelf driver for it. The others have the space for a more "standard" driver.

V.interested in the 737. Like the idea of a smallish XML zoomie. True a lot of the light of the XML will be lost by the optics but with an XML there'll still be plenty left...