BLF decision

Not at all. They are totally different designs. The A6 and X6 are just as bright as each other but the A6 is a “flood” type torch and the X6 is a compact “thrower” and a much better light than the C8, IMO. Both lights are very compact and light for their battery type (18650) and output. The X6 can be run at its highest output level for much longer than the A6 can.

Its what I have used it will deter most living things.

Just make sure you get some quality 18650 cells instead of any junkfire brands.

+1000

Since you want low weight and bright someone could build a Convoy M1 or similar with XP-L HI (or dedomed XP-G2) for extra throw?
No idea where the OP is, or if there is a member nearby with modding experience, but a thought

What about the D80 it is fairly light weight

C8
If I was in danger from dangerous dogs I’d probably find somewhere else to take a stroll lol
Failing that pepper spray, or if your not allowed to carry that were not in the UK then a can of hairspray or wd40 and a lighter, even the most aggressive dogs seem to shy away from a toasted nose

From my experience, a dog may be quite disoriented by 3A driven light in a strobe mode.
But I don’t think it’s the best self-defence option especially against a pack of dogs.
If weight is important you might also want to consider 18350 lights like Asrolux S1 or Convoy s2+.
You will lose some throw but these ligths will still illuminate your way quite well.

I tried A6 strobe on two dogs. One didn’t like it one bit and decided trying to jump over fence and tear me apart is a bad idea.
Other just stared at me, no reaction at all.

Pay a visit to Richards fun site:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=474

And get this light, a battery, and a charger for around $25 bux. Great light for the price!

Also might get a green or blue set for sis.

Oh, and a warm welcome!

Where’s the Raccoon!!!

2 minutes 20 seconds. (cant seem to get the video to start at a certain time….)

quote:
“Thanks, I rather have the flash torch than headlamps so I can use it for both outdoors and also when running.”

You can use a headlamp for both outdoors and when running…It’s nice to have light wherever you happen to be looking and, if startled, say, by a dog, you won’t accidently drop it. You might try a good headlamp, preferably 18650 powered for runtime and power, and find it to be your best solution. I have an XTAR Warboy, purchased for less than $35 that has over 150 Yards of throw on turbo, nice spill and 5 minutes after I put it on, I forget it’s on my head and of course, both hands are always free. :slight_smile:

edit: here’s a link to this light with a decent battery and chargerwarboy

Hope that worked, never posted a link before… :blush:

Welcome to BLF Carlagamer!

+1

This:
http://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-S2-CREE-XPL-HI-1400LM-EDC-LED-Flashlight-18650-p-1037831.html

It’s a rebranded BLF X6 with the latest improvements from the recent X6/X5 group buy. Longer range throw than the BLF Luckysun D80 and reported to out throw a C8, which is a larger flashlight. It is an extremely bright, compact and versatile flashlight.

Also consider for maximum output you will need to run an “un-protected” battery and learn/practice battery safety. (Plus add the cost of batteries and a quality charger.)

:wink: Hey guys, no more dog issues anymore. As of today we decided to enroll in a aerobics spin and sprint training gym and it was the best decision. With that said, im very much so interested and still looking for a great outdoor compact torch at a decent price. Thanks for all the advice.

It seems like everyone is praising the BLF X6 to be the light of choice so im no longer considering the C8 anymore.

Key points id like:

• Extremely bright (as in not being able to look directly at the light when turned on)
  • 1200 lumens minimum
  • Budget price point ($25-$35)
  • Long range (30 - 50 meters)
  • Compact (not super small but not awkwardly big)

Size wise… im looking for something similar in this range (but far less expensive):

R1 Lawman

E2D Defender

Seems great although it doesn’t mention how many actual lumens produced

रॅकून शहर ;)

Please enjoy your time here, Carlagamer!

(Also, nice avatar!)

The S2+ is not 1200 lumens. That’s a whole ’nother thing.

As others have mentioned, the BLF specials might fulfill your need for mega-photons.

Banggood.com has ’em. Just type “BLF” in the search box.