Long Tubes for BLF LuckySun D80-SE

GearBest has blown through the extended tubes they stocked for protected batteries. LuckySun can make some more, but the price will be higher for this run…I’m guessing around $5. They need interest in quite a few to make a run…guessing around 200, so I am making a list here for it. Please let me know if you want one or more:

1) Kozy
2) Kozy
3) ger-slash
4) ger-slash
5) kronological
6) kronological
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thanks,
krono

I need two pieces.
THX!

I would take two pieces please

Maybe there is not much interest?

Just so everyone understands, the additional long D80-SE tubes will NOT be produced unless there is significant interest.

They should be. I will ask May.

So…is that all the interest there is in individual long tubes? Kinda short of the minimums needed…lol

Have they stopped production of this flashlight, so they’re selling off inventory but will never be making more?
Otherwise, couldn’t they run the tube production line an extra 20 minutes and have a few dozen extras without a special order?

(Or are they just making the short-tube version now, again? Seems odd to have an unprotected driver and unprotected cells as the only configuration though.)

Yes, production has ended on the D80-SE, so producing more long tubes will take another minimum production run.

There is always the possibility of a v2, but I’m not sure that the timing is right.

So, are they still making the stock D80 (not the SE) — the one with blinkies?

If so, which battery tube are they shipping with that one?

Regular tube (shorter) because the long tube is not needed on that version. It has the original tailcap, which doesn’t need a long tube for protected batteries.

Please put me down for interest in two, please.

Any chance they’d sell a host with long tube? Minus the driver and emitter?
Just dreaming.

Hope I am not too late… may I have one?

Any word on anodizing shade? Will it be closer to the color of the BLF D80 head, or will it be variable?

Sorry guys. There was never enough interest to produce more. :frowning:

I’m sorry too…
THX Krono! :+1:

So, anyone care to start a thread on how to mod the stock blinkies flashlight, to get better LED and driver?
If they can be found as hosts, or cheap, of course. If people show interest, might be someone (Max?) can dig some up.
It’s a nice enough handful, and big and easy enough to take apart, that it would make an interesting project for people new at this stuff.

Damned… that’s what I get for dragging my feet. :frowning:

So are they going to continue making the BLF D80-SE and just keep providing the short tube?

No, “they still making the stock D80 (not the SE) — the one with blinkies”

That’s why I was asking what’d be worth modding on that stock base light, since it’s all they’re going to be selling nowadays

According to Gearbest’s site…they still have 3C and 5A in stock. Not sure what tube though.

Sometimes though their website is wrong but worth checking for those that want an SE light.

I ordered in mid April the 3C came with the long tube, end April 5A came with short tube.