[BLF Group Buy Interest List] Sofirn SP33S High CRI Edition: the GT-FC60 R9080 saga! (Brightness numbers are in!))

@BlueSwordM Oh, thanks for clarifying. This is why i like these communities… You guys get alot of research done, talk to manufacturers, start the locomotives and i just purchase whatever comes out of it because its good. Stonks.

Tell me a thing, at the present moment, these new Getian emitters are preety much the best compromise between output/efficiency/light quality? (cra, r9, duv etc)
At least in the big output, larger emitters arena…

Nice:

“I will check. I believe a slightly longer tube should not be a problem.”

I’m just waiting for their response to see if an adapter could be made instead, since it would allow them to reuse tubes and waste less valuable material :smiley:

@LucasRunner, my personaly belief is to make the best light possible overall. Having to keep buying lights is honestly tiring, innefficient, and a waste of valuable resources.

That’s why I want to make the best light possible at one point, although I’m still learning a lot of things about collaborations and supply chains.
One day, I’ll make my true best light, with almost no bottlenecks outside of physics :smiley:

Interested… Thanks for working to try and make this happen. Sounds like a nice combination of output, CRI, tint, and battery capacity. Anduril 2 and 26800 adapter/option would be icing on the cake.

Interested!

Hoping Sofirn will be interested in adding Anduril 2 and Gchart’s 3 pin programming layout from the SP10 pro

Anduril have good thermal regulation… Indeed, but proper thermal regulation is possible with properly made overall flashlight design. Sofirn have to stick external thermal sensor to host or do potting for driver. Because now temperature is measured on T shape PCB which have no contact with aluminum host. Anyway , who cares … :smiley:

Yeah the MCU placement is not very good for sensing the temperature, but even so it shouldn’t oscillate as much with proper regulation tweaks.

(Graph from SammysHP’s review )

Anduril will not oscillate and i ques its possible manually adjust right temperature off host by holding hand on it and changing thermal ceiling, but it will take some time to do it.

I wish you’d put the time and effort into the cell charger….

Count me in!

It would be nice to get better thermal regulation as well as Anduril 2.

That sounds a bit pushy, this is incomparably less work than the charger, while still time and effort given to the community.

Welcome to BLF erasmus42!

Thanks thefreeman!

I would get one if they were to put Anduril 2 on it.

Interested

I'm interested

Interested.

All added.

Interested

Yeah, why not. Interested. :money_mouth_face:

Interested!!!.. too bad I already ordered the SP33S last week….

Ok, so I did something a bit extra: since we’re likely going with neutral tint binning(–0.005 to 0.000), I’m also asking Sofirn if it’s possible to them to change out the AR lens coating used in their lights from purple to green, so that it adds some extra rosiness :smiley:

I don’t want to push our luck too far though :smiley: