BLF-GT Handle Ideas~~ COME ON IN!!

would it not make more sense to 3D print the handle from a material strong enough?

That depends on where the center of gravity is because a plastic handle would need to attach in front and behind the grip to be strong enough. And depending on the operating temperature, it could get too warm. Not to mention 3D prints look like dollar store items unless you put way too much time into finishing them.

Don’t understand why the op needed deletion, seems that the comments were constructive, can’t see any (real BLF) derailing going on?

There are plenty of other threads with chit-chat of what is available for handles. Just guessing, likely every BLF GT thread.

That was not my intention, to start another one to re-hash what's been talked about elsewhere. I posted a design I have in my head, in efforts of interest and refining. I was hoping at a group level.

I'm very much open to ideas, thoughts, and suggestions. Of my original post. But this was not possible to remain on topic. I don't know why.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Well you deleted your design but the conversation goes on. Thank you for starting the conversation, it’s interesting. That use of an existing handle looks like a great idea if you can slither it on. Due to the GT head being so big, reversing it (screws towards head) might give it the needed balance.

What's been posted as "off topic" are fantastic ideas and choices. Again, off-topic to my OP.

If there was something already available that would fit the GT 54mm battery tube, I likely would not have posted my idea ;)

I'll change the thread topic

R/C - you had a fantastic idea. Thank you for starting the convo. I ordered a Nitecore off Amazon $28 and free shipping (prime), figure some heat and bending will work if it doesn’t fit first go round.

Ol Injun Joe know why….“Heap to many Chief, not enough Indian.” . :frowning:

Ohh come on now, you know exactly why.

Because this is BLF, and we twist every thread sideways and have 25 experts chime in on the manufacturing of a reflector,
about the proper “Perfect Tint” needed to cut through 78% humidity in the Alps, about the inefficiencies of a Buck/Boost driver when driven at 9.3 volts.

Or about the best shipping solutions to east/slight west aberdeen.

Or my favorite, Copyright laws.
Why ever hire a Lawyer when all the free, expert advice is right here on the internet.

Butttt, back to your OP, just keep hashing it out, I thought your design had promise.
Later,
Keeping it real,
Keith

/\\\:smiley: … :+1:

@ARse, sorry, I guess. I made one post in response to the 3D printing question that was off-design but not off-topic. To be fair, I made a post previously about where the center of gravity was, but your thread didn’t have any follows that knew the answer. That was asked in regard to perfecting your design. The extra activity from any posting is good for attracting attention, and new followers. I thought the thread was progressing good.

Let us know how it fits…Thanks!

:+1: laughed my shit out.

:person_facepalming:
I think it’s Laughed my Ass off! Butt you were close…. kind of… :smiley:

Sorry ARSee, your design does have merit… hope someone cuts it out and puts it to work.

sooooo….did the TM handle fit the GT?

No, too small. It could be spread out but that would throw the screw holes out of alignment.

Thanks, Dale.