BLF GT logo discussion.

Alright, this will be the discussion thread for the logo.

To make some things clear:

The name is set, it wont be giggles. (you are, of course, free to put it on the light yourself)

Lumintop’s name will be on the light, not sure if their logo is needed but I think they deserve it

We need a logo for on the light and that can also be used on the packaging.

No it wasn’t. It was designed after the battery tube of the Q8. It also forms a practical function, it adds grip which is needed for this light.

Here I agree with you. But that is the hard part.
You don’t want a logo that is huge but you’ll want a logo that’s proportional to the area where its located. Meaning, on one of the flat spots on the battery tube it has to be rather big to look good on that spot. But then you have a pretty large logo that doesn’t improve the visual aspect of this light.
So we (as the team) want it to be a minimalistic and relative small design that still looks good and portrait us and the manufacture.

Awesome, pal. :+1: I wasn’t addressing you, just “Giggles” which many have mentioned, including a team member above me.

What font are you using?

OK.

So i’ve got the “big bunny” logo for the tailcap, the “BLF (bunny) GT” like the Q8 logo (with or without border), and the one with “(bunny) BLF GT over LUMINTOP”.

Any more wishes?
Let me know.

The knurling will provide grip.
But that’s a discussion for the other thread.
But when you do have flat sections, (which will be much larger than on the Q8) you might as well put some logo on it.

You can do an outline logo there, i think that would look pretty good.
Let me know if there’s interest in more outline versions.

When i have time i will do some more photoshopped GT pictures with added logo’s, so we can get an idea of how it will look in real life.

I tossed together a version of Jerommel’s design with the GT logo:

Finding a font for the BLF that looks right is hard.

So, host production will waiting logo from team?

Any deadline for that?

BLF Giga Thrower
by lumintop

On flat area

I think this is not cute flaslight, and no need cute logo

Justmy2cent

These are fantastic.

Here is what I put together for the flat area on the tailcap.

I am thinking this on the tailcap

And this Jerommel based design under the switch.

Lumintop has been asking nicely but ever more urgently for the last 2 weeks for us to get the logo finished. So while open to suggestions, getting a finished design, in the correct laser engravable format sent to lumintop is more pressing then a perfect design everyone is happy with.

So speak up soon, We should really send finished logos to lumintop by Monday.

Personally, I like the Q8-style logo with the Lumintop bunny by Jerommel, with the frame around the lettering. It kind of follows a precedent with the BLF Q8, and will make choosing logos for future projects easier: Just keep following the pattern. It adds a bit of personality to our projects, while including the manufacturer.

We could also add the lumintop name either right below or right above that.

The BLF Q8 has the Thorfire logo on it, so… yeah.

Next to the GT lettering the BLF looks Boring can you make BLF the same font as the GT just for the heck of it?

Otherwise it Rocks!

I could not find the font he used or I would have used it, If someone knows what it is, I can switch the font easy enough.

The Q8 didn’t use a border, I have no problem with it myself but it would make it smaller to read. We only have 10mm of height to work with as it is.

Only reason I redid it was because it needs to be in SVG format ideally for laser engraving and photoshop doesn’t export to SVG last I checked. So I am using illustrator so it can be exported in the right format.

Giggles is just a nickname, because it is so amusing to turn it on and feel like you have the bat-signal in your hand most people can not help but release a giggle.

Maybe a combination of Jerommel and TA designs would be best… Just my $0.02 worth

Fine by me, what changes would you like to see?

I plan to change the BLF font to the Q8 style if that is what people want and I can figure out what font it is.

The style of the GT is not something I like but can get used too.

However I stay with my previous opinion about that logo.
“it looks like the bunny is the logo of ‘BLF’ instead of lumintop.”

That’s why I like the logo with the bunny on the left en lumintop and BLF GT next to it.

I send a pm to jerommel with a link to some renders so he can Photoshop the logos on the light. I’m curious what he can do.

I like this idea for the tail cap, but just the "GT" and "CE RoHS". Too much makes it look too cluttered in my eyes

Second logo down placed under the switch, and "Lumintop" engraved opposite of that logo would be what I think would look good. Simple and to the point

Texas, if we don’t have much space to work with, removing the frame would be OK.

Pulsar’s idea of placing the lumintop name on the opposite side of the switch is great.

Unlike Thijsco19, I don’t think the bunny would be confused as our logo, but I get what he means. I still prefer the Q8 style logo, with the bunny in the middle of BLF and GT.

I would not put anything other than the mandatory labels on the tailcap, but at the same time, if other people want to put something there, it would not bother me.

Umm, actually, no.

Lumintop: Hey, we’ll build the light for you if you design it, but we’d want our logo on it in exchange for giving alla youse a great price.

Team BLF: Sure, sounds good!

later…

various: Let’s not put Lumintop’s logo on it, a’ight?

Nope, that’s changing the terms after-the-fact, denying Lumintop their claim to fame with the Q8, and like Enderman said, it’s rather rude (to Lumintop) and unprofessional (ie, can’t keep one’s word).

That blurb about LT getting their logo on the light was mentioned quite a few times, even in bold. :smiley:

Besides, I like the bunny.

^

+1, Lumintop is a critical partner in this project. It's only right that the light bears their brand.

+1
Only model’s name should be changed.