BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

And Blessings to you for doing this for us.

Super Best Regards,

George

FLOOSH! The group that put their time and effort into this project has come up with an outstanding set of prototypes. I can well understand the emotional ties to something that will be associated with each of those members. All I can say is try to impress upon your contacts the notion that quality begets loyalty and it’s lack disdain. With the growth of this forum there will be other lights so repeat business should be a cookie. A truly remarkable effort unique in it’s conception. Thank you for designing an irresistible set. :bigsmile: :expressionless: :bigsmile: :expressionless: Still conflicted.

This is why I keep wishing for a way to be directly in touch with the workers making the parts for these lights.
That’s assuming it’s the same people, developing their ability to do the work.
Not their managers, bosses, supervisors, company owners.

I’d like to know if the following passage can be translated into Chinese — and how it reads there.

Most of us, I would think, have been that kind of worker in our time, and know how harshly bad managers can penalize that sense of doing right work the right way.
We’re trying to invent something better than that old system.

Please add me for an aluminum set in WW

Thanks for answering you both.

And Thanks for the good job you do for this and other projects.

Back in the day, some BLF group buys for custom lights were done by 1 (or more) of us - seemed like a lot less went wrong, but nowaday's the shipping costs and sheer volume/demand would be prohibitively insane.

I'm thinking of the UF-2100 done by E1320 (Eric), reviewed by Foy here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/10026. I recall Eric goin nuts trying to get them out...

When was the last you heard from Eric? He ok? He was ground breaking in his own right here on the forum, go-to guy for more power in a driver.

And yeah, the cooperation agreements with the manufacturer’s lately is really changing the face of group buys, albeit at a slow pace while everybody learns what everybody wants.

If only it was feasible to build all these myself! :slight_smile:

Hi, Kronological:

I thought it was mentioned earlier that the price was going to go up by $5.00 for various reasons?

Was that cost brought up just for discussion purposes or do the prices in the OP need to be updated (price shown in headings above sign-up lists)?

. . .

Personally, I’m still debating the merits of picking up the SS/CU set versus the AL set.

• On one hand, the SS/CU set has the quintessential je ne sais quoi quality to it. Nothing short of pieces of art. But not necessarily the most practical from the standpoint of weight, durable finish, or physical cut-off.

• On the other hand, the AL set is just plain usable. A feature-rich working man’s set. Albeit with a lit tailcap that runs counter to my idea of a no-nonsense utilitarian flashlight.

I’m currently on the list for the AL set, but the bling factor of the SS/CU set is very enticing. The additional $5 might figure prominently in my decision on whether to keep the AL set or to switch to the SS/CU set.

The funny thing is that you would think that the additional cost would push me toward the cheaper AL set. However, the price ratio for the SS/CU goes down from +78% ($80/$45) to +70% ($85/$50), making them actually more attractive by comparison. Also, the $5.00 for the lit tailcap and CU finishing coat adds value to the bells & whistles of the SS/CU set. While the $5.00 for the AL set adds little (IMO) to their in-the-tool-chest value.

And, yes, I understand that the clock is ticking. I need to make up my mind.

We will make it easy for you by providing a low light environment, plenty of yummy goodies, & an unlimited supply of lights to improve.

But most importantly, we Greatly Appreciate all you have done & are doing for all of us.

How about if Mhalen does a minor motion picture?

What say you? (as in, you all) :slight_smile:

I have a dangerous and very possibly not a good idea.

As the bulk of the lights are “NW” and as there seems to be difficulty obtaining sufficient LEDs

Is it too dangerous to move away from KISS and offer two NW’s specifically 3C and 3D would this help the led gating item issue? If there is one?

Again NOT a request, just a dangerous idea.

The OP was updated already, about a week ago (IIRC).

The change covers the cost of the tail lights, driver upgrades, reflector upgrades, copper coating, rounded edges, additional development time, and I think some other stuff too. And I’m not sure, but I think Neal might be able to swing a small extra discount on aluminum… but that remains to be determined. Final costs aren’t in yet so nobody knows if it’s possible.

I can’t decide for you which set is best, but I really dig the SS/Cu set. Both lights together cost less than I’ve paid for an empty copper host before, and it’s a nicer host which is somehow maintaining its brand-new shine instead of changing colors like a penny. It’s easily one of the nicest lights I’ve ever seen.

this - Flashlight made of no flashlight parts, just cardboard,duct tape and aluminiumfoil. aka the tactical hobo flashlight#1
:stuck_out_tongue:

If sufficient LEDs are hard to come by see mitko for a reel of 2D.

the “quote” attributions are mixed up above in the material quoted in the post timestamped Tue, 11/17/2015 - 16:14
if anyone cares to know who actually wrote what, look earlier for the originals. This footnote to the eventual movie brought to you by …
wait, do we have sponsors yet?

Long time now. We had some discussions in pm's, not sure how much he posted. He had some serious medical troubles - hard to work full-time, etc. He was really into dirt biking when he was younger, and I think some of it at least was from getting so banged up. I was seriously think'n of looking him up when I was up in New Hampshire - always impressed with him, great guy. I think he became unable to solder when his conditions were worse.

I cannot even imagine what it would be like now to do what he did then - hand modding 40 or so lights in a rush. I recall him saying how his hands got messed up - not sure if cramps or blisters, from soldering all those 7135's. Of course now it would be 10x or 20x more Smile.

I got a few drivers from him back then, the cat’s meow for a mod to a P-60 style light. Now look at us! Who’d a thunk, right?

Are those E drivers a collectors item now? I hope not, because I stripped the only one I had for parts.

Thanks RBD! :slight_smile: