BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

More manufacturing pics:

krono
(Updated in OP)

*drool

I've probably said this 100 times, but dang, machined copper is gorgeous.

Now that’s a lot of copper, buddy!

That’s BEAUTIFUL!

More pics from production. Notice anything? :bigsmile:

Updated in OP.

Dash - Actually those questions have been answered a couple times ;). Post 2814 and 2950 have that info. As for output, it is pretty well known that this driver/XPL combo can produce anywhere from 1300 to 1600 Lm.

Nocturne - Absolutely no offense taken. You are correct that the OP does not have much about the driver because "we" all have grown accustomed to it and it is a serious job with these big group buys for the thread originator to keep up with. I will try and help.

FrankenDale already explained some history about the driver. As of now it (FET+1 7135) is considered mainstream. There are two threads that will shed more light on it. The OP in the BLF A6 thread (do not try and read the thread. 6000+ posts) and Wight's original driver thread. PilotDog68 is also working on another with more 7135 chips BUT that is not in this light.

ToyKeeper (TK) is the creator of the code for the UI. While not taking away from the people that made the drivers possible, TK raised the bar for UI's. The original FET+1 driver used the ATiny13 mcu but this one uses the 25 which has more room for coding. The idea is to add as many features to allow the end-user to configure their light as they desire without having to flash or buy a new driver.

This driver is also available separately from Mountain Electronics (RMM) with many UI options and I think TK's UI.

All drivers from RMM and BLF contributors utilize LVP (2.8-2.9VDC). The number of modes varies. You need to read the TK's Bistro UI instructions to understand that you can configure much yourself, including memory on/off. The original BLF A6 instructions are here. There is a big difference between the two. TK put a lot of work into the UI's.

Yep. LOL. A couple of bright lights. Many do not need to know more. As Dale explained, strides have been made to get manufacturers to listen to us to manufacture what "we" want. It is working but it is a lot of work on both sides to get this accomplished. The off-topic posts will not change. It keeps the thread alive and actually often lends bits and pieces that alone mean nothing but enough crumbs produce ideas.

Many of here already know what I have written. I apologize that it is not that easy to "know where to go" but if a question(s) gets asked someone will step up and point the way.

Kronos - Gorgeous pics! Those things can light up the room without batteries!

Purdy…aren’t they?!

HOW DO U GET A PERSONALISED ENGRAVING???

Hi, NOOB here. Please put me down for a set of each if available with box. (If available) Thank you. I am ordering another A6 in nonanodized and definately want each of these. Hope I’m not out of order here but again thanks!!

Not out ofline at all :slight_smile:

Tint?

Yes, this! Are we getting our usernames instead of serial numbers? Cause I love that idea!

And hey, if we’re not and you organizers are the only ones who get your names engraved, well, I’m jealous but I’m okay with that. Y’all have earned it :slight_smile:

That would be nice, but no. Kronos is the ‘brand’…if you will.

Kronological’s baby, he get’s to name it.

Why couldn’t they turn the light around and keep the text upright? Geesh! lol Nice though, really nice, and the change from Special Edition to Limited Edition looks superb as well. :wink:

Ah, I see. I take that to mean all our lights will be branded “Kronos” on one side and “BLF Limited Edition” on the other? If so, I like it!

Not everyone is a professional photographer :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the idea :slight_smile:

It is about time!!

And I thought it was the engraving that was down-side-up :wink:

Great looking flashlights. I wish I was allowed ( by she who must be obeyed ) to add myself to the list.

Krono, how about also engraving them with X5 or X6?

ie: KRONOS X5, & KRONOS X6

Thank you Very Much,

George