BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Ditto. Though given the problems with the site recently, I’m not absolutely certain he received my PM. :-/

Great work, that will short-cut some discussion! And how unfortunate that the images were lost! I would love to see the experiment done again, if only for the cool thermal images 8~~) . But I can understand it if it is too much work. What I would like to see different is a bit longer timespan, the 14500 lights will not even have power leftover after 5 minutes but the 18650 light will. The D80 is unique because of its great amount of surface area with its thin deep fins, it is nice to hear that it indeed keeps the light cool. :~~)

My SS/Cu set ordered on 23rd January arrived yesterday, rubber-stamped by customs.

That’s interesting. Did you have tracking on yours and if so was it updating?

Can either of you guys provide a link to the resistor and/or LED to order for the tail cap? Also can you provide a picture of where to install each? Maybe this should be a seperate how-to thread…

There’s already a separate How-to thread. :wink:

and here I copied some useful info from this thread about the tailcap mod.

Just answered the doorbell. I got the usual gray plastic bag. In it a cardboard box, carfully wrapped with foam around the “shoulders”. Out came an inmaculate virgo intacta wooden box with two absolutely amazing flashlights. And yes: the wooden box is/was designed for display and not for transport, but the only damage I could find was a small ding of 1x1mm on the side of the bezel of the copper X5. And the lights themselve are mind-blowing. Visually and performance-wise. Team Kronos: thank you very very much!

I did a little mod to the X6 (hee hee), I was going to post it here but it became kinda long winded so I made a new thread:

LOL, does it really?

Yes, I ordered one of each set in the beginning when the codes were first sent out; that is to say I made two separate orders, within minutes of each other, on January 23rd.

On the 2nd of February, they BOTH arrived at my regional USPS distribution. The SS/Cu set was delivered to my door on the 3rd, whereas the aluminum set showed up yesterday without any updates in tracking. In fact, the tracking went completely dark by stating that it was no longer a valid tracking number.

Everything was intact with the bag. It wasn’t opened by customs- near as I could tell- and the label was completely legible. Why the bag was MIA for three weeks is a bit of a mystery.

I guess customs could have had it in their queue the whole time and maybe they x-rayed it of something else that doesn’t require it being opted up and visually inspected by a human.

In any event, I wouldn’t get too worked up over it. The vast majority of the time the package shows up eventually.

Hi fellows,

i need your help! :frowning:

I think, i unintentionally found a weak spot of the X5!
After some longer runtime on higher levels the front glass has cracked! :open_mouth:

I found it is very very thin, about 0,5 mm and now i have a problem finding a matching replace glass with AR coating. The 28 mm AR glasses from hank (intl-outdoor) do not fit (too large diameter), but the uncoated extremely cheap 27 mm glasses from dx.com do fit. Unfortunately these glasses are ~1 mm thick and i cant screw the Bezel completely on.

Is there any way to get an original replace glass from Manker or someone else? Please help! :(( :(( :-((

auch!hope you get this sorted!

Browsing elsewhere my eye got caught on an ad on the right of the page:

See post #5875. Banggood is promoting the unclaimed sets.

Yes I know, but when they try so hard to sell them they must have a couple they cn use to send people the problem parts right?

That’s bad, I just checked my copies and the glass is indeed very thin, I’d even dare say not suitable for flashlight use, let go for a flashlight that is further as well-designed as the X5.
I can not think of an easy way to fit a thicker glass with at the same time fully screwing down the bezel :frowning:

Edit: there is one way to do it without screwing up the focus, but it is a pain (but I’ve done that before to win space): in my two X5 flashlights there is a mm room to screw in the reflector a bit deeper. If you sand down the Noctigon that amount thinner you have won a mm.

I like the tint of the NW in the X6, anyone know where to get a few for other mods? (XPL-HI 3B V3)

Yeah, I started looking for a replacement lens for my AlKX5 too, when I noticed that the antireflection coat on it is only half there.
I guess someone made some other part a half millimeter too long or too thick, and they swapped in and poorly coated the thin ones.

It’s not the only time I’ve seen this; years back I had Streamlight incandescent lights that would melt the center of their plastic lenses if used for too long.
Streamlight sent free replacements, though.

I don’t dare to disassemble the X5 that far and thereby most probably ruining the LED and the Noctigon. I think, i bite the bullet and stay with the cheap dx-glass for now. The remaining gap just looks like a further cooling fin and the O-ring is completely covered, thus the light is watertight.

Although i share your opinion, that the used glass quality is not suitable for this class of flashlight… :-/

UliBär, is that a Cu or Al X5?

Thank you Very Much,

George

Unfortunately it is the pure copper X5. :frowning: