BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Okay. I’ve been asked for my experiences here, so forgive me fire rehashing old news. Please skip this post of you don’t want to read about the whole thing.

My second set (#62) was ordered with insurance, took a month to get to me, and had some box damage. Otherwise, minor marks on the copper. Not bad.

My first set (#41), was ordered express, took 5 days (!) and had no box damage. The lights were in great shape except for a defective tailcap with messed up,knurling.

I got the lights January 27th I think.

- Started PM Neal Jan 28, right before CNY unfortunately.

- exchanged a few messages. Was offered a $3 refund on Feb 2nd.

- I refused. Feb 4, Neal said he’d ask about a tailcap. I sent a few more messages. No response.

- I sent emails and a message on February 18th with full details on the issue again and pix again. Was told that the Samsung 30Q issue was keeping him busy.

- I was offered a partial refund again ( no set amount). I refused and said I would file a Paypal Claim in a few days. The response was “OK”.

- February 23rd I filed a claim. Send me a new tailcap or refund $50 (seriously, did not expect $50, just didn’t want a silly refund offer).

- Feb 24, $50 declined (of course). Some communication back and forth on Paypal dispute for a few days.

- Mar 1, Banggood request a video evidence etc to a “dispute” email address. I refuse a video but forward all info I sent Neal, including pix.

- Mar 4, they tell me they will send tailcap. Then they ask me to close dispute because their system won’t allow shipping. I refuse. They tell me they will send me the tail cap when it is back in stock (1 week) and ask that I close dispute when I get tracking number. I refuse and bring up the long wait, lack of response and also 3 other issues I was still waiting for resolution on.

• Mar 7/8. They say they will send me that tailcap in 4-5 days and are in the process of dealing with my 3 other issues. The dispute email seems to have done the trick. I will still keep the dispute open until I am holding a non defective tailcap.

That’s as it should be Gunga. If you come down to the last resort of filing a claim you should not have to cancel it until final resolution is achieved. You gave them ample opportunity to keep it from going that far. I don’t think it should be a first resort but it is sometimes necessary.

Cool. Sorry for the excruciating detail.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

Best Regards,

George

Take this for whatever it is worth. I PM’d Neal (user name Banggood) on Feb. 20 regarding a request for a couple of empty cardboard BLF light boxes and I received a response from him on Feb 27 in which he agreed to add a couple of boxes to my order. However, I found out later that day the Al 3B tint was not in stock so I cancelled that order and I placed a new order for 1A tint. I wrote Neal back on Feb 28 with the new order # and I have not heard back from him

Amps are a little tricky to measure accurately, but if you can measure lumens and/or lux it’d be easier to compare the data with others. Djozz has a great guide for building an easy integrating sphere: Integrating sphere #4 (the fast and cheap one)

Rebrand of the X5

Astrolux SC

Did someone mention this before?

I just saw that for sale in an email from them. Strange as I thought they were not going to be offered individually, or at all after the group buy. Maybe I misunderstood.

Yep, multiple times. Each with drama.

Yep, and for what it’s worth… TECHNICALLY the BLF Limited Edition Copper X5 is not for sale individually and remains a limited edition. They changed the name to Astrolux SC. A minor technicality, but still…

Edit: Pretty sure a lot of us saw that coming. Popular item, many people wanting it, sure the Chinese will sell it. Rebrand it, relist it, mark it up, how many did you want?

Edit II: Due diligence. I was shocked at first, then figured what the hey, they’re there to make money right? And we’re here to buy lights, right? So I bought an Astrolux SC for comparison purposes. Didn’t speak to anyone, just bought it. It’s nice, same light, different stamp on the flats. Over 1200 lumens right out of the box, ~1373 lumens with spring bypasses. A bit pricey, but hey, it’s a solid copper bada$$ little light! Oh yeah, 9 days from placing the order to my door. :wink: (placed the order on 2-25-16, had it in hand on 3-5-16)

It’s not the same without the many months of anticipation though.

Anticipation doesn’t change the scent of copper, nor the lumens out the front.

Easy for me, as I forget everything so easily anyway. Forgot the little SC was coming and found it on the porch. lol

> astrolux SC

Don’t forget, it also comes with the new and improved pocket clip that actually fits the seam on ordinary pants.

Well worth the double price, for those who like that sort of thing.

I wrote to heyanqing1(at)banggood.com on 19.02.2016 and got an Answer on 25.02.2016 with the first words “Dear Sir: I am sorry for the late reply.”. Ten days later I have found this reply in my Spam folder. Now it is solved and I will got parts to replace on the lights.

Wieselflinkpro, that is Good news Indeed, & Thank you Very Much for your Greatly Appreciated information.

Why aren't we all getting the same service & response from Banggood?

Please, Need feedback from any & all affected members.

Best Regards,

George

We have afflicted members? OMG! :open_mouth:

Yes indeed, there are MANY affected AND afflicted members.

I’ve been called worse. :-/

We have members whose text comes out yellow.

At work I’ve got a Keithley 580 Micro-Ohmmeter, I measured the resistance of the X6 AL and SS tubes. Measuring to the end of the tubes I got 0.06 mOhms for the AL tube and 1.6 mOhms on the SS tube.

Looking back at voltage drop numbers I got with the two tubes, and E=IR that would imply that with the SS tube I was running at 3 amps and with the AL tube it was running at 113 amps. I doubt either is correct I would expect more than 3 amps and way less than 113 amps. I think the contact resistance at the end of the AL tubes is more than the resistance of the tube its self. And with the SS tube it makes contact all through the threads so you don’t have the resistance of the full lenght of the tube.

Retesting the drop over the tube with a rested Elfast Purple that measures 4.18v I get 5.7mV for the SS tube and 5.0mV with the AL tube now.