BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

There was a screamin deal on the USA BG warehouse for the A6 drivers. $3.63ea @ 10+ and free priority mail. I bought more than a few. But unless a screamin deal surfaces for the X6 I won’t pay $9 for one. Drivers are one thing I have not had an issue with yet in the BLF or Astrolux lights. I’ll use them all day in single emitter mods. I think they were blowing out the older versions.

Triple and Quads get MtnE FET’s.

That is a steal for sure and even if only half of them worked correctly.
You did make me go look and right now they’re costing $5.99 17DD-L FET, just looked at Mt. and they are on sale for $7.99 with the always cheap options to get them upgraded with spring bypass and guppydrv for a $1 more, so I think I’d still always buy from RMM no matter how cheap at BG, just to many great options and then I have this loyalty thing…
I was going to pickup that X6 from BG but wanted to cash in some points since I had like 2500 and now they are gone, no points at all so I bailed out of there, sent a message asking what’s up with that, one minute thousands of points that I knew had to be used by the end of the year. I do want to make a triple or something out of one of those and the only other one I own came in the box set and it’s 121 of 400 so I won’t be messing with it and have been waiting for the prices to come down and like you said, they have never been as cheap as they are right now.
I think they are trying to get rid of anything Manker as quick as possible since the falling out they had, beats me, but I probably break weak tomorrow and get one anyhow, points or no points, that’s just to cheap to pass on.

SS in Triple is a heavy light but still a superb host for it. I did not have to file down the 32mm XP32 MCPCB to fit the SS head. Used a copper spacer from kiriba, solder paste to get it all together… Solid. But again the wacky UI if you use the Lighted SW and Mtn Fet. I went non lighted on the SC Quad and SS Triple with Mtn Fet+1 new version. Had an $11 (GB Sale but NLA last I looked) Eagle Eye X6 Host to put the SS parts into including the Lighted SW. So the EE X6 turned out to be a good light on the cheap.

So far I have only lost points buying a coupon I never used because most things I have purchased are already on sale or deals that used a different coupon code. I Spend the points as fast as I am allowed to, as I go. Applying them directly to the cart or they will only disappear.

But trust me, no loss in Loyalty to Richard. Lets just say I have a very Large collection of little cardboard boxes.

Hoarding little boxes and saving parts in them. I like that they are easy to write on.

Ya I know, everyone is loyal to RMM, I didn’t mean nothing by that, I have a closet full of those brown boxes, either from RMM and his shipping in those battery boxes or BG and their brown boxes,
Well I went and got that SS X6 Astro, that price was to good to pass up and looked at my points again and they’re back, all 2500 of them, decided to get the Astro S41 also since there’s that coupon ASTROS41 that takes off $10 so total was $37, not bad, I’m not buying one of those hand burner SS S41’s and I already have a dozen of the Ano Astro 18650 tubes for the ano S41, somewhere.
And they sent me a notice in about an hour saying everything is shipped, I think I’ve seen that one before, might say shipped but it sits around for another week.

That spacer from kiriba you mentioned, is he the fella from Russia or somewhere like that? I’ve seen him somewhere around here but don’t know him or how to check into whether or not he has those spacers anymore.
Here’s a X6 pic for ya that I have, all made from 100% Ti, with about 10-12 trits, sweet light if I ever get through with it.

Finish that TI X6!!!
I have one of Rey’s Ti X6 (sadly no trit slots) on the way and a couple TI 1 triple’s. Anxiously awaiting that package.

Here is a link for the Copper X6 and other parts from Russia. X6 copper should be item #5. He also has the SC/X5 Quad parts.
Low-cost copper pills, spacers, optics, drop-ins. Custom spacers, pills, drop-ins, laser parts by request
Items actually arrive pretty fast. He is good to deal with. Shipping gets a bit confusing as it has weight limits and buying several items may need multiple packages. Also if you make the SS a triple with the copper spacer, use a sharpie to confirm where the copper contacts in the head (bottom of outer rim). It will not seat into the 20mm emitter shelf on the SS head but it still works.

Couple weeks ago the S41 had a code on Amazon that made it $30 Prime with 2 day. Sale description was confusing to which emitter version at that price but Nichia’s were received. I got in on one, making it my 5th. I have already used the code so I am unable to check if it still works. Just be aware of the issues with emitters they have. They are awesome with XP-L HI if you need to upgrade emitters. Took forever to find the link again… Not sure it works anymore. Think the (yellow1) selection was the one for code.
$30 S41 on Amazon

Can I use a protected Panasonic NCR18650B in the Astrolux SS? Thinking of getting one today if my batteries are not too long or wide.

G'Day klrman,

I just tried it in our 5 BLF X6 SS/Cu Lights, & the Panasonic NCR18650B Protected batteries only fit in 1 light (Very Tight).

Most Protected cells will not fit due to their larger diameter because of their double wrapping.

Btw, length is not an issue as it has springs at both ends (driver & tail).

Best Regards,

George

G'Day George,

Thank you for replying. I saw some unprotected NCR18650B's on Banggood, so maybe I should get a couple of those. Need to learn about unprotected cells a little more though first.

Good lights with appropriate drivers and a quality charger, add in the requisite grounding in basic liion knowledge and respect for dense energy storage(a very good idea whether using protected or unprotected cells) and you’re good to go. “Protected” doesn’t mean safe to the point you can use in ignorance without any risk, the protection is only for specific circumstances.

Protected sounds great for noobs like me, but I know what you mean, thanks.

You’re welcome. I stayed with nimh’s for a while before I felt comfortable enough to dip my toe in deeper waters.

Astrolux (non BLF branded) $17.99

I can’t get medium presses to work on my x5 but they work on my x6 just fine. I tried toggling the medium press on/off in the config menu but that doesn’t seem to have an effect. Everything else seems to be working fine though

I just wanted to thank everyone involved for this great light, I just ordered a BLF Special Edition X5 from Banggood and I can’t wait for it to arrive!

I’m curious… I won a prize in the 4th annual build contest. I chose a S/S Kronos BLF X6 as my reward. It came and is # 367 of 400. Does that mean nobody claimed their reserved light from the original limited edition of X6/X5 sets, or does that mean there were extra numbers produced? … numbers duplicated?

I have number 121/400 and I do recall there was a big mess up, with numbers not matching with the numbers on the box sets,
Just went real quick to refresh my memory and it you go back to Krono’s OP you can read how this numbered light may have came to be in your hands today, it was a mess that I clearly remember and felt so lucky my set was perfect, many were not, but the OP does sort of give you a good idea of what happened and I don’t think BG is pulling a fast one, sure hope not anyhow…

I just received two X5s and they are really impressive. I’m giving one away to a friend and kinda wish I ordered more. Shame I never took part in the original group buy but the two I have seen really cool.

Man, too bad I missed this one. Probably no chance of another run?

Bang Good still sells the generic X5 and X6 versions with the Astrolux labelling.

I notice they even still sell the wooden collectors box that went with this group buy.