BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Arent these the ones?…………

Keep it in mind. I can send photos if wanted but I am away from home base for several weeks. PM me anytime as I may not catch replies to this topic. Also mind that my travels will also be into places with no internet, at least no access at a reasonable cost, so replies may be tardy. .

The S/S X6 weighs a ton without a cell! Not what I would want to carry everyday or even once in a while. I have one but it is admittedly a shelf queen and it is not for sale as it is my “trophy” from last years contest.

Ditto the weight on the X5. IMO way too heavy for the size, but oh-so-pretty, that alone is a good reason the buy one.

Yes I have set #235 with wooden box and love the lights…….I am pretty sure the above links are the same driver and all for both lights though.

Don’t the set have the ATtiny 25V in them same as the listed ones?

:person_facepalming:

See post #35 for a good deal on the Al X5 equivalent.

Customized a couple of the X6’s with the BLFA6 Full Round battery tube, I re-threaded the tubes with 7/8-20 die, it matches the head threads close enough, with out galling at all. They make great Triples!

Here is the X6 as Astrolux: Astrolux S2 XPL-HI 1400LM EDC LED Taschenlampe 18650 Sale - Banggood Deutschland-arrival notice-arrival notice

Is this the general discussion thread for Astrolux SS / Kronos X6?

Also, does anyone know the CRI of the 5300K 3B emitter? [*Update: http://www.cree.com/led-components/media/documents/ds-XPL.pdf . CRI is either 70min or 75typ from the E3 bin of 3B]

Trying to search for info about emitter swaps as I would like to go for a higher CRI led alternative.

Welcome to BLF!
ha you answered your own question

Thanks. Looking forward to contributing to the discussion.

Is it possible to purchase the copper pills of the X6 separately? I would like to have a spare to mod. Ideally would like to run a high CRI emitter such as XHP35 / XHP50 with a constant current driver

But read the reviews. Lots of confusion about whether that illuminated tailcap works with their driver or not.

Sorry, was that in response to my question?

The X6 doesn’t have a pill but a shelf for the LED :

Yep. When I meant pill, I should have stated “head” instead. There’s no one who sells this from what I could find.

Also, is the LED attached to the shelf with solder or thermal paste + screws ?

Most of the costs are in the head
so it is unlikely they will sell just that at a very much lower rice then a whole light
it is probably best to just take two, or test one with several leds and go for the one you like most.
you see the pic, the thermal paste is not glue so onc screws undone the PCMCB can easily be removed from the head

Ah I see. I’m still waiting on my Astrolux SS to arrive in the mail so wasn’t 100% sure. It’s just that I (probably mistakenly) remember someone stating that the LED board was soldered to the head in this light.

Hello! I’m Tankist_20. I live here http://forum.fonarevka.ru/. I love flashlights. I have the following brands of flashlights:

1. ThruNite
  2. EagTac
  3. Fenix
  4. Lumintop
  5. Olight
  6. SUNWAYMAN
  7. JetBeam
  8. SkilHunt
  9. Niteye
  10. Xeno
  11. Spark
  12. Zebralight
  13. Klarus
  14. Archon
  15. WolfEyes
  16. Niwalker
  17. NiteCore
  18. Dereelight
  19. Eoslamp
  20. MecArmy
  21. Foursevens
  22. SolarForce
    Numbering in the order of their appearance with me.
    And recently I had your X6 flashlight and I came to tell you THANKS! You came up with a great flashlight!

Nice!
Welcome to BLF!

Welcome to BLF Tankist_20

You have a nice selection of flashlights :+1: