BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

my mistake, excuse me. I see that if a person ordered more than one set, his name is repeated. Easy to keep track of the total this way. Thanks.

Can I get 288 NW?

I’m very patient, I’m only quoting my post because I noticed another request after mine was added to the list and mine wasn’t.

Please add me for an Aluminum set in WW.

And please set my SS/Cu set as WW as a default for now. I’m at 251 on that list.

I have a couple of A6s in WW and like them. I ordered one in NW to see what it’s like. In the mean time, I know I like WW and think I’d be wise to default to what I already know I like.

Thanks

My last +2 doesn’t seem to have made it on either, so +2 NW #300 and 313 plz

So whats the status on this now? Is it still undergoing testing?

kronological

pls put me down for one set SS/Cu NW

Is ist possible to get an update of the tailcap with 3 Color LEDs? I mean that the LED are showing the voltage of the battery, perhaps with different resistors?

I have been doing tests on that, using different colour leds with different Vf, and adjusting resistors to get them lighting up at different voltages, but it appears not straightforward at all, everything depends on everything, even battery type and quality has a large influence. The end result probably will be that simply with leds and resitors this can not be done. An alternative is using more complex electronic circuitry, but there's no space on the switch board for anything really fancy.

Nope.

Got my truck back. Yay. I’m philosophically opposed to this particular set but as most humans are conflicted to some degree it find myself thinking just do it, idiot. So please put me back on the list for an SS/Cu NW number 300. I know it won’t be that actual number but it looks cool for now.

To explain a bit more…

With the BLF A6 project, the final product had a lot of little issues here and there, variability between units, downgraded springs halfway through, thread issues, people getting the wrong emitters, half-assed soldering, anodizing inconsistencies, etc. Every time someone reports another case where something went wrong, a little part of me dies inside.

I was pretty cynical before, but it’s worse now. I feel as if the underlying profit motive of business will creep into every dark corner, taking shortcuts and undermining the goal of delivering the best and coolest toys to BLF. Every new complication is another opportunity for something to go wrong. Complications are to be avoided.

As djozz said, a voltage-indicator tailcap is pretty complicated, and extremely sensitive to very small changes. We don’t even have a robust working prototype of that yet. So it should not be attempted for this project.

The remaining time is dedicated to fixing existing issues, not adding new ones.

Thank you for this sincere and honest post.

I do a good amount of manufacturing in Asia and face the same problems every day. Any shortcut possible is taken, and often at the expense of quality. One of my biggest jobs is staying on top of quality control of various components. I can only imagine the difficulties faced by our partners overseas in performing initial QC of materials and supplies.

Fight the good fight! And wherever possible K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid :laughing:!

Thanks,
David

Thank you for being honest and blunt about what’s happening.

It’s no surprise.

The promise of hardware vaporware is always devastatingly, seductively attractive.

“You’re never going to be happier with your new X than the moment you pay for it …” was good advice about computers — and this is a little new computer. With a LED attached.

It’s a terrible and wonderful challenge y’all are taking on…

On one side a 6,000-year-old culture that leeches value. On the other, a widely scattered worldwide group of innovators trying to change that world.

It should become a major motion picture.
——————-

P.S. — I recommend the revews on the Amazon page for “Poorly Made in China” — some good arguments in the “most helpful” category both “positive” and “negative” reviews.
The “negative” reviews may be the more helpful ones these days, amounting to:

“these problems are not inevitable, you can avoid getting sucked in by a bad actor who will suck you dry, only if you’re willing to walk away and find a good partner”

For those of you wrestling with this nest of dragons:

Please keep notes and don’t throw out your memories even when they wear and worry at you.

This story could be — once it’s done and had time to settle — well worth some good tech writer’s attention to write it up with care to get it right.

Organizing a flashlight group buy is tough; a shared authorship of a writeup might be immensely rewarding to really understand how it all has happened.

And it might help note the pitfalls for next time.

Did I say “next time”? Ignore me, I’m just waving my hands and applauding what y’all have been doingl.

TK,

Not that I expect my tiny, tinny little newbie voice to have much effect, but I want you and all the others who are involved with these design build projects to know that if it were not for your efforts, I would still be EDC’ing a Home Depot ‘Defiant’ flashlight. I grok your desire for perfection - but, at least for me - any anodizing inconsistencies that might exist on my BLF A6 have been covered by road rash when it fell out of my hand onto pavement showing it off after dark. I was referred here from another forum by someone who said “You gotta check out this light and the forum!” So, thank you.

I fully agree with you on not adding any more features to the current GB. Getting that ‘perfected’ is probably best done as a standalone project via OSH park before trying to get it into an actual production light.

Hey! don’t diss Defiant!

Overall, the lights look and feel absolutely INCREDIBLE!

The SS/Cu X6, with it’s two-tone finish, is really quite stunning. The all copper X5…WOW! I have shown these lights to many people (mostly non-flashaholics), and they all have said how beautiful they are.

That being said, we are having some challenges with the driver not doing what we want it to do. There is also some dialing in of the lighted tailcap that must be done. Therefore, we will be spending some more time on the electronics, and some very minor corrections on the hosts.

I will post updates when I have more information. :slight_smile:

Blessings,
kronos
(Updated in OP)

And Blessings to you for doing this for us.

Super Best Regards,

George

FLOOSH! The group that put their time and effort into this project has come up with an outstanding set of prototypes. I can well understand the emotional ties to something that will be associated with each of those members. All I can say is try to impress upon your contacts the notion that quality begets loyalty and it’s lack disdain. With the growth of this forum there will be other lights so repeat business should be a cookie. A truly remarkable effort unique in it’s conception. Thank you for designing an irresistible set. :bigsmile: :expressionless: :bigsmile: :expressionless: Still conflicted.