BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

ToyKeeper wrote:
If only it was feasible to build all these myself! :slight_smile:

I wish we could supply you with minions.
Smart, educable, compliant, skilled, attentive minions.

Have you ever read Clavellā€™s book Shogun ?

As I recall the saga ā€” the lead character, shipwrecked on the islands of Japan, tries to reconstruct his ship ā€” and in the process manages to educate the Japanese Empire on shipbuilding, while over and over, every time he gets his ship almost shipshape to take him and his crew back to England, something, er, happens. Like it burns to the waterline.

Persistent fellow. They learn a whole lot from his efforts.

2D is not that bad if itā€™s a higher bin, itā€™s at least below the blackbody-curve (not green) - please no greenish tint. :Sp

Regards, Juergen

Looking back over his interest thread here it seems they are regular, domed, XP-L emitters. :frowning:

Youā€™re correct that the Kronological noted that prices would be going up by $5, under the 11/11/2015 update of the OP. However, he didnā€™t update the prices posted just above the sign-up lists until just a few minutes ago.

Hereā€™s a link to the Google Cache for 11/16/2015 20:47 GMT (thatā€™s the most recent cache copy of the webpage). As of that time the prices had not yet been updated. And Iā€™m pretty sure that I read the OP correctly before I posted my message.

And thank you for your advice. I appreciate the insights, not just because you happen to have the flashlights in hand, but because of your perspective of flashlights as a whole. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in for one set SS/Cu WW.
Thanks

Does anyone know: What is the copper-protective coating called? It would be nice to be able to purchase a small amount from an online retailer somewhere so the copper can be recoated and maintained over the years by its owner (assuming the stuff is nontoxic).

I have a knoif.

So the Duck is going to Australia to slice and dice 800 emitters. :wink:

Ducks are allowed into Australia. Most states still have duck hunting so one more migrating over wont hurt. Personally I dont duck hunt so your more than welcome to stay.

These copper X5 hosts are truly spectacular!

I just meant I can slice my own and fortunately this duck can also duck. Hey JM, how does the X5 look next to a Micromag?

The copper X5 as a host alone is worth well above the cost the SS/Cu set!

Before anyone asks, no, that red tailcap does not represent what the actual product will be like. It was only an experiment (and it didnā€™t go very well; the red Vf is too low).

Got my BLF A6 today, and now canā€™t wait to get the X5 / X6! Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get them before Dec. 22 (leaving for an extended period).

That is my predicament also, wont be home for Christmas

Yall are killing me with the pics. I dont know if I can get anymore hyped about these lights!

Also, I donā€™t think this has been said, but please take as long as it needs to in order to get it right. Iā€™d rather have a great light arrive in the spring than a rushed, not-so-great light arrive in a month.

Absolutely. Christmas may come and go, but the final product needs to be thoroughly ā€˜vettedā€™ before making it to production (We all know what happens when big manufacturers send out a defective product into circulation - we ourselves here at BLF hang them out to dry, lol!). Here are my priorities:

1) reliability
2) functionality
3) appearance
4) cost
5) last but least, timing of final production

I am presently on the AL list, #157 for one set, NW.

Please remove me from that list and add my name to the SS/CU list for one set, Neutral White.

Thank you!

. . .

The angels of Stainless Steel and of Copper came to me last night. They sang ballads of courageous knights battling the forces of darkness, of artisans crafting ferrous and cuprous wonders, and of sorceresses weaving magic to breathe life into these new creations. As the angels sang, the veil of practicality that had anodized my heart slowly fell away. I began to see the light, and it was pure and true and bright.

Well, weā€™re trying to make them into angels of steel and copper, anywayā€¦ but what will actually happen remains to be seen.

Iā€™m just feeling especially cynical today, a bit ashamed of humanityā€¦ and there are still demons of lightning to slay before the day is done.

For high Vf the choices are going to be Blue, Green, White or PC amber.