BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

LOL, I do appreciate and admire the shiny box, and the effort to get it done, but if I go for one, indeed customs will pick this one out and my girl will take me even less serious as she already does.

Compared to a nice pair of shoes it’s still a steal.

Maybe someone’s girl needs some diamonds to make her worry less about flashlights…

so just declared it under $20

Hi Neal, Awesome job with this, seriously!

Hold up there Kimosabe…I’m looking into it, if not too complicated :slight_smile:

For Canada, declare $10-12. Limit is $20 cdn (around $15 usd). I just got a big bill from dhl for a $20 usd item. Most of it was dhl fees ($14.25).

So since the boxes are separate from the lights do we need to go ahead and declare our intentions, cause you can just go ahead and put me on the list for the box to go with my set. That’s beautiful! :bigsmile:

Customs generally don’t trust the declarations made by chinese shops, let alone the countless gifts shipped to customers.

If a parcel is small and light enough and doesn’t look like it could be a shipment of medications, there is a good chance that it will not be further inspected.
But if you ship two of these already heavier flashlights in one package, you are calling for trouble.

Trouble means driving through half of the city to get to the customs office, wait several 10 minutes with half a hundred of other victims, let them open the package and explain them the content and show a Paypal printout, wait again to let them do their paperwork, go to the cashier’s desk and wait again, pay the tax, go back and wait again to show them you have paid and finally get the goods - drive home, and hopefully be happy with the purchase.
If there would be a correct declaration/invoice in the package, the local post would do the customs declaration and you only have to pay the tax at your door during delivery - much less hassle, but 100% chance to pay.
Actually as a state abiding citizen, you are committed to go to the customs office, if they had in error not required you to pay tax, because of a false declaration made by the shop - no doubt, we all do this. 8)

Please change my 255) SS/Cu tint to WW

so my 255 SS/Cu order would change to:
255) radioshaq SS/Cu WW

thanks!

For Uruguay… I must present the real invoice and proof of payment of credit card (must match), then pay customs duties and post rates. For gifts I must declare a value and pay like a purchase, if the customs officer does not like what I declared, I must pay the difference.

There is no escape, bureaucracy is perfect…

Since the container arrives to Uruguay until the package reaches my hands, takes a month or more. For express service, it is faster but more complicated… you have to pay many “other taxes”…

in my country it doesnt matter if you under value the item. they will tax it. 101% no exemption

Good thing for us, anything under $1000AUD gets no customs fees!

Oh, man! Those boxes are so beautiful, I am going to need a soft pouch to protect the box that is protecting my flashlight. Can you arrange one with the BLF logo?

(Okay, I'm kidding... At least, I think I am.)

Not for much longer :frowning:

FYI no big deal, but the thread title has a future date for the update.

KuoH

+1

The thread title has ^^12/17/15^^, But presumably should be 12/1/15.

LOL ! Things are gettin’ out of hand here!

The Stainless X6 is heavy for sure - around 14 ounces with a battery. Just tape together a long row of quarters until you get to 14 ounces and you’ll see how much weight you’re in for.

I think I’ll need BLF bubble wrap for the soft pouch….

(too far? My bad)