BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Please try to keep the picture width/size down with the {width:##%} modifier. Large pics kinda wreck the thread on mobile.

I’m a newer member here and was fortunate to arrive in time to sign up for this group buy. I received my SS/CU matching set in the box last Wednesday. I fired up the X6 last week and today received a battery to test fire the X5. To say I am impressed with the quality and detail (everything) would not do justice to how spectacular this deal was. To all the folks that were involved with this - THANK YOU. Remarkable effort and your abilities are incredible.

Thank you, the trick with the computer dust spray worked, finally got the reflector off, and when I put it back on, the yellow spot was gone. So a really good tip if the reflector is stuck and/or you have a yellow spot in your beam.

Thank you again.

Thanks, I didn’t see it hiding there. Looks like the drivers changed even between the final sample and production, which probably explains the longer button timing. (is a tad bit frustrating)

It sounds like low-voltage protection is activating. It probably thinks the cell is empty.

You might be able to fix this by loosening and tightening the retaining rings, making sure the switch is seated well, etc. And of course by checking to make sure the cell is full. :slight_smile:

Might be the mysterious issue related to the lighted tailcap. Can you try a non-lighted switch, or take the tail off entirely and try it with just a wire or paperclip or something? This would at least help determine whether the issue is caused by the constant power draw while it’s “off”.

I killed the clip on my Al X5 a while back. It was pretty, but the gap wasn’t big enough to be useful. A few minutes with a hammer and the gap was so big, the clip was in two pieces. Whoops.

I started looking around for a replacement and came across the Convoy deep carry clips. They’re cheap and readily available from Convoy, Banggood, or Richard (Here for Mountain Electronics). I was pretty sure they’d fit the X6 as others have reported success with previous iterations of the X6 and this clip. I wanted to see if I could make one fit the X5 too.

They work great on the Al X6. They clip onto a skinny groove on the tailcap instead of the wide groove where the original clip goes. They’re not as pretty as the stock clip, but they’re deep carry and let the light sit much lower. No surprises here as others have had the same results, but for a dollar, they’re worth it.

With a little careful bending (I used a big pair of pliers with one jaw on the free end of one of the round tube attachment legs and the other jaw on the flat part where the tube attachment connects to the clip), I ended up with a curve that would grab the X5. It fits nice and snug around the tube, though my bends don’t quite conform to the tube. The clip is a little long - it goes down to the smooth part of the bezel, just before the fins start - but it works great. Again, it’s not as pretty as the original, but I think this is my daily driver.

I tried my Olight S10 clip on the X5. It works, but the arms grip the body a bit loosely. It can spin pretty easily, and it’s not very difficult to pull the clip off. Otherwise though, it’s nearly perfect. If they have a different clip for the S1 or S15, slightly narrower, it might be better.

“In time,” being the key part!

CB, what does your batt check (hidden option #3) report for the battery installed. I have an X6 (Al) doing the same thing but not as fast. It reports 2.5Volts even with a fresh battery reading 4.1+Volts on DMM.

Huh? What could be more important than flashlight reviews? Let me guess, you are trying squeeze sleep, food, and the better half in that? LOL

Love these X5's!!!

Second of it's kind?! Really sheds some light!!

Pic is sideways and smashed… :wink:

I’ve built one in Cu, 2 in Al.

second copper quad X5 whats up?!

:p

Your portrait mode picture is laying on it’s left side and squashed back into portrait dimensions.

So FYI. My tail cap from my EE x6 doesn’t fit the Al x6.

Haha.. Lucky I could even figure out how to load the pic.

Did you find the piece of brass I talked about earlier A page back in this thread

It won't. Different threads.

Ok, here’s a question about the X5. I ran it for about a minute on high earlier tonight all fine. Now it lasts about half a second on high and it cuts off. The light is inoperable after this happens- only a faint blue glow comes from the tailcap when I turn it off- and that’s the only thing that happens. I have to remove the tail cap to reset the light- then it works correctly until I put it in turbo. I’m using an olight 14500, that works well, and is a known good battery. Anyone else have this problem? I’ll play around with it a bit tomorrow, but it seems it only does this on the highest mode so far.

I’m already looking forward to your video review.

Just out of curiosity, is it the special Olight cell for use in the desktop tailcap charging system? I only ask because those are special cells with a negative contact ring on the positive end of the cell. I wonder if perhaps it's causing a short on the springs somehow?

If not just ignore me, but thought I would mention it just incase.

Cheers