BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

The QC on these more expensive lights had better be better than the BLF A6 or I’ll just be sending mine back and demanding a refund.

That is the only thing I am worried about with this GB. Really wish EE had been making the A6 and these lights.

Manker haven’t really done much to instill us with confidence, I hope really BG put a boot up their arse for the BLF A6 fiasco.

Update on the quad K6, as I’ve said I sent it to a friend in CT who has been camping the last 5 days. As it so happened, he had a bear in camp every night! I’ve also made him a Quad X6 so he was equipped with lighting, but he said being able to illuminate such a large area with such high intensity was just outrageous! Even the Park Ranger was jealous, with his streamlight and it’s weak straight beam. When the Park Ranger tried to use his vehicle mounted spotlight, my buddy broke out the Courui big head I’ve modified for him and outthrew the spotlight as well. The little light brought neighboring campers into camp and they all oohed and aahed over the miniature monster.
No, the Park Ranger didn’t shoot the bear, well, with rubber bullets to run him off but it didn’t deter it for long as he kept coming back. Within 15’ range of my buddy on several occasions and leaving paw prints and slobber all over the truck looking for and robbing him of his food.

For me, the abilitiy of these lights with TK’s firmware to use as a nightlight in moon mode, or the lower 4 modes for reading or walking about (going to the john for example at the campground, lol) and still have mega lumens for extreme situations, that’s just awesome!

All in all the little K6 Quad has been a huge hit on the Eastern seaboard. Loved hearing how happy he was with it.

And lionheart? Yes, we have high expectations for the next round of samples and will be very demanding if there are ANY issues… stay tuned

Put me down for 1 SS/Cu set NW :slight_smile:

190) qandeel SS/Cu NW
191) qandeel SS/Cu NW

:bigsmile:

1 set ss-cu NW please :slight_smile: nr 168 if possible

Hi Dale,

what additionally parts (besides LED, MCPCB and optics) are needed to upgrade this new X6/K6 to a triple or quad? A lathe? :wink:

Thanks, I only fear that there were no hints in the A6 pre-production samples to the later QC problems, so a bad surprise is still a possibility.
Are you looking for not broken (sharp) edges, e.g. at the cooling fins or around the tailcap/switch?

It seems to me that the X6 body knurling was changed after the first (8/11/15) SS sample picture, is this intentional?

There are only three small via’s in the outer ring of the A6 switch-board, is this going to be improved in the X6/K6 design?

Regards, Juergen

> very demanding if there are ANY issues

You should have a list of the issues raised.

Otherwise — you know how something can look fine early on and then it’s nobody’s job to check the same damn thing yet again another time.

And little cheapenings slip by.

No fault to the folks here. They get slipped by, from whoever makes whichever bit, when new samples pass through the company who’s handling the product.

I know you know this.

I’m just saying — a methodical-damn-boring-checklist-and-your-initials-and-date-checked-each-pass-each-item works.

Just paying attention generally — often doesn’t.

That’s why I take pictures, close-ups, so it’s a verifiable comparison and not left to chance. (bad memory, known fact) By taking so many pics and macro shots it’s easy to see things the naked eye might not notice. When looking at the fins or knurling or threads up close on a 24” Professional monitor, little tiny things stand out like a sore thumb.

Yes, I made a copper heat sink/spacer for the K6 to bring the quad board up higher into the head and press the optics against the glass lens. So while not 100% necessary, a lathe sure makes a difference! :slight_smile: I’m sort of extreme I guess, technical perfectionist in some things, so I like having the heat sink in full contact with the interior of the head, filling it as close to 100% as possible for maximum thermal dissipation. It might be that this extent isn’t completely necessary and a simple cut off piece of aluminum, brass, or copper would do the trick. Glue it in and let it take heat to the stock emitter shelf where it can then go out to the fins. So a hacksaw and a bar of metal might really be all that’s necessary.

I like finding out just how far I can take things, by taking every possible step I get some pretty wild results. It’s the challenge, after all, that keeps me building em. And I like small things that perform like (or OUTperform) their larger counterparts. I was always small and doing whatever the work load demanded, saw a lot of big guys afraid to exert themselves. So it’s a personal thing. :wink:

I’ve got a problem with 6 cyl Mustangs and 210 HP Corvettes. lol

So SS or part SS K6 is right out, then? I strongly, strongly dislike bare copper on anything because it makes your hands STINK. And winds up looking like crap quickly. But that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

I’ll probably sign up soon, but how hard do you think it would be to sell off the K6? I love stainless and hate copper, so the SS is the only one I’d use. Or would it be possible to get a SS X6, and an anodized Alu K6?

I'll take one SS/CU NW. Thanks.

I’d buy the copper K6 from you.

I don’t claim to know anything for sure, but copper lights seem to be really popular and always bring a premium. You bring up some good points - they do smell like copper after all - but they’re also great for heat transfer and a lot of us think they look awesome with some patina on them. I’m honestly more excited about the solid Cu K6 than the SS/Cu X6, although I know they’ll both be awesome.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that I personally think the Cu K6 is going to be a big hit and that there will be plenty of folks who didn’t want to buy the set, but who wind up hunting for one. Hell those of us who did buy sets may be looking for extras just to play with. I don’t think you’d have any trouble selling it, at all.

But that’s just, like, my opinion, man!

EDIT: Lol, see what I mean…

There actually is such a checklist already, and it has been sent to Manker and everyone involved in organizing this project. The A6 had no such checklist.

Also, I hear the next samples are like 99% ready to ship, so it may be possible to answer more questions soon.

This thread has already had quite a few people asking to buy just the copper K6. It’s likely you can sell it quickly, easily, and for a good price.

It’d be cool to have the lights available separately, but the combo is necessary to make it worth the manufacturer’s time. It was basically either do just the X6 or do both X6+K6, but the K6 alone was never a feasible option.

I still think it’d make more sense to call it the X5 or K5, to reflect the common battery-based naming scheme, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

In any case, the change list had some pretty sweet improvements and I’m looking forward to seeing the new samples!

I’d go so far as to say it seems so easy to sell the copper light since so many expressed interest in it only, that you could probably buy several sets, keep only the large SS/Cu heatsink light and sell the K6s off with no problems at all, maybe even a profit. :stuck_out_tongue:

*edit ah, now I see TK has already said essentially the same thing before my answer. :slight_smile:

I am willing to sell my portion of copper K6. PM me if interested. If there are large interest, I would be wiling to buy more sets as I can used a few more SS/cu X6 for gifts. Thx.

How much you going to sell the copper k6 for?

Hmm, make that more like 98% ready, or even 95% ready. Sounds like some of the upgrades might take a few extra days. I’ll say more later, after they arrive and are confirmed to be working.

TEASE! lol

This is gonna be EPIC people!

Don’t even start DB…… I’m still trying to resist……

On a side note you can’t - not - love copper. :stuck_out_tongue: it runs the world’s power…. it’s worth money and it looks cool green or shiny!