BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Please add me to the list for one set SS/Cu NW.

Yeah, so I’m glad I did that review. Not only is the thread over on CPF big, the one on Reddit blew up too. I know personally my review on Youtube has sold quite a few units. The video has over 3000 views, which is decent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/3lnygr/video_review_of_the_amazing_1200_lumen_25_pocket/

put me down for the ss/cu set

BTW, some minor corrections there (I don’t have an account to post this in the original thread):

The A6 uses PWM on all modes except turbo and the two strobes. The frequency varies from ~14 kHz to ~18 kHz depending on the exact unit, except moon runs at half that speed for extra stability. On med-high modes, the 7135 chip stays on all the time while the FET channel pulses with PWM, so it never actually shuts completely off. Shower tests won’t be sufficient to detect PWM this fast, but it can be seen by very rapidly moving a thin white card through the beam, or by measuring the pulses with a suitable digital multimeter.

When selfbuilt reviewed a similar light (SL2), he said it had no PWM but he detected some “high-frequency circuit noise” at 15 kHz. That was actually PWM he was seeing, but I guess he didn’t recognize it. So it’s a common misconception; even some of the most experienced reviewers may get a little confused about fast PWM… and the A6’s two-channel version is even harder to see.

I f we mod it with a triple later on, will we need a new driver? I don’t want to pull out a good driver to do a mod.

Toykeeper,
thank you for all your answers, they help a lot in making our purchase decisions on this GB!

No, you won’t need a new driver, it’s not the bottleneck. The light may be running at 6A in stock form, but that’s because that’s all the emitter can handle. The driver itself can do far, far more than that. Dale made one which runs at like 60A, so the 10-15A you get in a triple is really no problem. You’ll need some thicker wires though, and the springs will probably melt if you don’t bypass them. :slight_smile:

The only driver-related concern for a triple is that the mode spacing will get wider on the high modes. This can be fixed by changing the PWM level table and reflashing the firmware.

I give up! I don’t know why but as it inches close 195 is calling my name…. Can I please get 195? You suck for my wallet but I still love you guys! Thanks for all your hard work!

Oh ya ww please. :bigsmile:

edit: I mean nw thanks!

Thanks, ToyKeeper. I'll post an update later today.

To all X6 team members: Remind me, please, what the emitter options are for the X6 and X5. I'm not asking about tint, but rather if XP-L HI is an option, or perhaps whether XP-L HI is the only option.

Thanks.

X6-SE v2 Stainless Steel:
>Polished Stainless Steel Host with copper fin/pill section
>Copper MCPCB w/DTP
>CREE XP-L or XP-L High Intensity Emitter
>wight’s driver (same as bugsy’s A6-SE!)
>TK’s firmware (same as bugsy’s A6-SE!)
>AR Lens
>Lanyard
>Shared Gift Box
>Serial Numbered
>BLF Custom Logo
>Multiple Tint Selections (Hopefully 3 minimum)
>SS switch button

K6 Copper:
>Copper host, 14500 sized, same form factor as X6, but scaled down
>Copper MCPCB w/DTP
>CREE XPL or XP;L High Intensity Emitter
>wight’s driver (same as bugsy’s A6-SE!)
>TK’s firmware (same as bugsy’s A6-SE!)
>AR Lens
>Lanyard
>Shared Gift Box
>Matching Serial Number
>BLF Custom Logo
>Multiple Tint Selections (same as above)
>Copper Switch Button

Not sure about the SS switch button/Cu switch button, the samples didn’t have one and I’ve heard nothing else about it.

TK, really? 60A? I’ve got an X6 Ti pulling 21.3A, crazy enough but 60? Cell limitations and all that, or else I’d be up there, for sure! lol

“… Zaphod flung himself over to the polished marble surfaces that contained the instruments that controlled the convenlional photon drive…”
— Douglas Adams

a flashlight mounted in the ship’s tail, accelerates the ship, as its momentum must increase in a direction opposite that carried away by the photons ejected.

Oh, uh, I forgot… I’ve got a single FET driver just like these but without the low moon capability running 16 emitters in my Meteor. :bigsmile:

I’m curious to see what the top and bottom of the copper piece looks like.

Thanks, Dale. I saw that, but I could not tell whether it meant "to be determined later," or whether you got your choice. Based on your reply, I assume you get your choice.

No doubt, someone will ask me if they can have one with an XP-L HI, and the other with a regular XP-L. Unless I hear otherwise, I am answering, "No."

Put me down for a aluminum set…

Please add me to the list for an X5/X6 CU/SS set with neutral emitter’s

Thanx

Hey, I had asked for 197 twice already, dudunphy got his request, can I please be changed?

This is filling up fast. Awesome. 4 more to go.

Sign me up for one set of SS/CU, NW version. Thanks!

Welcome root, good place to start.