BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

Its all about samples and how they perform at this point. Once we get them tweaked to where we want them, we will know more about when this GB will happen. :slight_smile:

It’s funny you mention that… There was just enough time for a last-minute upgrade before the samples ship. :slight_smile:

Not only thicker traces for higher current, but when the front of the light is off, the back turns on. It’s an ingenious design pilotdog68 came up with — if I understand correctly, it reverses the flow of current depending on the state of the switch. One direction drives the main light at full power, the other direction lets only a tiny trickle of current through to drive a low-power tailcap LED.

Try to ignore the pink boot; sourcing clear ones takes a while and this was done very quickly so they used the closest they had laying around. It seems Manker was too excited about the idea to wait. :slight_smile:

Achievement unlocked — lighted tailcap!
(pending review, of course, to make sure everything still works correctly)

The next step is thorough review of the samples when they arrive, and then if everything checks out we can give a green light for production. Or if there are issues, go through another round of refinements. At the very least, I’ll probably need to tweak the calibration and send new firmware… I hope that’s the only change needed, since it’s easy and doesn’t incur shipping delays or production costs.

Hahaha when I read cajampa’s comment I was cracking up, just waiting for someone to say it

Omg. That’s awesome! Great stuff.

Hehe :smiley: nice very good news :slight_smile:

And i just finished reading the lighted tailcap thread. It seems you guys where discussing this about the beefed up feature of the switch pcb some 10 days ago already.

It is good to see we all are pushing in the same direction intuitively here at BLF, i have to order me some of those switch pcb’s from ospark & try them out.

Holy crap that’s awesome! Forgive me if I’m getting ahead of everything going on here, but I’ve got questions! Can you turn it off somehow or is it designed to run all the time? What’s the current draw with that setup?

Thanks TK. Pics posted in OP.

Holy crap Batman!
Beats the GITD tailcap everytime

How are the threads on this one, any play in the initial samples?

This production/GB is shaping up nicely!! If Manker pays attention to the details, they might make quite a name for themselves in the flashlight world. Of course all the BLF members who have been working tirelessly on this project deserve my highest prase! Thanks again Gal and Guys!!!

@kronological,

Since there is a gap at #178, for SS and copper version, put my name there for NW :bigsmile:

The lighted tailcap is just one of the secret upgrades. Anyone care to guess what another secret weapon is? :)

But what if I dont want a green light? :’( :stuck_out_tongue: (or especially a pink light)

Actually, that tailcap idea is really neat, but is there a way to turn it off/change color when you want? (change color as in maybe different tailcap colored boot options)

New type of batt check. Triple option? Thermal step down (no timer). New user config. I don’t know!!! I’m sure somebody will spill it soon!

D.B. where ya at? Or are you gonna spill it there Mr Johnnymac? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW good work pilotdog!

Shorty tubes?

Me likey glowey tailcap. Will the copper X5 and aluminum X6/X5 have it?

Also was clips planned for any of these? Looking at the pictures, Mankers X6 has the same clip mount as the BLF A6? An EE X6 clip won't fit a Manker X6?

So this means it will come with the LED-lit tailcap? If so can we program how it behaves? It’d be awesome if we could set it to blink once a minute or something, turn off, etc.

Is it too late to join?

If not, add me for 1x SS/Cu CW and 1x Al CW. Thanks!

Factory spring bypass?

Please yes to factory spring bypass. Those back Pcb can be stubborn to open, and I m not really good w soldering.