BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

26650 are quite good actually :wink:

Iā€™d say that you have a good point there!

Not really what I would like though, as I would like to see more intensive 26650 development, but Iā€™m sure we would all like to see that. - Should be Twice, just going by volume.

Thanks!
-Chuck

Sh*t!!
I fell accidentally here and I can not go outā€¦ The black hole has trapped me!

If Iā€™m still on timeā€¦ Please add me.

1) SS/Copper (SS/Cu) set.
2) WW
3) 1 set.

1. would be possible?

Thanks!

Juergen,

What is the color of Hematite?

I wikied this:

Hematite, also spelled as haematite, is the mineral form of iron(III) oxide (Fe2O3), one of several iron oxides. Hematite crystallizes in the rhombohedral lattice system, and it has the same crystal structure as ilmenite and corundum. Hematite and ilmenite form a complete solid solution at temperatures above 950 Ā°C (1,740 Ā°F).

Hematite is a mineral, colored black to steel or silver-gray, brown to reddish brown, or red. It is mined as the main ore of iron. Varieties include kidney ore, martite (pseudomorphs after magnetite), iron rose and specularite (specular hematite). While the forms of hematite vary, they all have a rust-red streak. Hematite is harder than pure iron, but much more brittle. Maghemite is a hematite- and magnetite-related oxide mineral.

The name hematite is derived from the Greek word for blood Ī±į¼·Ī¼Ī± haima because hematite can be red, as in rouge, a powdered form of hematite. The color of hematite lends itself to use as a pigment. The English name of the stone is derived from Middle French: HĆ©matite Pierre, which was imported from Latin: Lapis HƦmatites around the 15th century, which originated from Ancient Greek: Ī±į¼±Ī¼Ī±Ļ„ĪÆĻ„Ī·Ļ‚ Ī»ĪÆĪøĪæĻ‚ (haimatitēs lithos, ā€œblood-red stoneā€).

Ochre is a clay that is colored by varying amounts of hematite, varying between 20% and 70%.[5] Red ochre contains unhydrated hematite, whereas yellow ochre contains hydrated hematite (Fe2O3 ā€¢ H2O). The principal use of ochre is for tinting with a permanent color.[5]

The red chalk writing of this mineral was one of the earliest in the history of humans. The powdery mineral was first used 164,000 years ago by the Pinnacle-Point man possibly for social purposes.[6] Hematite residues are also found in old graveyards from 80,000 years ago. Near Rydno in Poland and Lovas in Hungary, palaeolitic red chalk mines have been found that are from 5000 BC, belonging to the Linear Pottery culture at the Upper Rhine.[citation needed]

Rich deposits of hematite have been found on the island of Elba that have been mined since the time of the Etruscans.

It looks like the mineral, black with a metallic shimmer.
Years ago there was PVD coated Titanium Keychain light sold at CPF: PVD Coated Killer AAA Titanium Lights For Sale - there you can see some of the colors, even gold is possible.
PVD coatings are generally used to improve hardness, wear resistance and oxidation resistance, they are harder and more corrosion resistant than coatings applied by the electroplating process. Most PVD coatings have high temperature and good impact strength, excellent abrasion resistance and are so durable that protective topcoats are almost never necessary (Wikipedia ).

Regards, Juergen

I have a matte/shiny black PVD coated wrist watch with also PVD coated strap from Seiko with extremely hard sapphire glass. The glass already has some fine scratches, but not the watch, neither the strap. I like it a lot! :slight_smile:

Hematite is a very pretty color. Iā€™d also like to see lights made with a rainbow titanium nitride coating, like on the Tekut LK5050 Dapper and the Fisher 400RB pen.

1 set of AI - NW

-plaidshorts

The dimensions of the BLF-X6 on Amazon:

132.9mm x 55.3mm x23.9mm (length x head x tail diameter).

Is this about right? This makes the bezel 55mm = 2.1 inches diameter. For some reason I thought the bezel was smaller, more like 40mm diameter.

A quick look at several reviews of the X6 on BLF and CPF shows almost no stats like dimensions and weight. Strange.

So, ummm, its been like two days since yā€™all said the next samples should be arriving. What gives?! Did they come in? Can we see some new pictures or get some new info?

Come on, Iā€™m hitting F5 like every three minutes over here! :bigsmile:

length and tail #'s are good - head diam is 40.0/40.1mm pretty steady on several X6's I just measured here. Probably a typo.

I got an Aluminum X5 today, and itā€™s a Grand Slam as far as fit and finish goes. Fantastic little light, theyā€™ve given us a 24x19mm reflector, mirror finished and somehow managed to fit in a 20mm Noctigon with XP-L HI emitter. It does NOT act like a small light, quite close to the full sized X6 really in itā€™s output and beam profile.

A couple of quick pointsā€¦ the ATTiny25 gives us a thermal step down that is very non-intrusive, itā€™s sort of a flicker really, barely discernible, and of course itā€™s acting on the heat in the MCU itself so itā€™s reliant on the actual temps in the head of the light, not time based. Thatā€™s outstanding, a cool night and itā€™s not even necessary to step down at all.

Beam profile is nice, with no centering ring and no insulation disc. The reflector is made in such a way that it easily clears, no problem.

The lens o-ring is between the lens and the bezel, where it belongs. No problems and nothing wacky about it.

Very high quality feel in the hand, the mini X6 we have been looking for. Really sophisticated little light, with big light performance that is just downright awesome!

Still trying to wrap my mind around the 8 configuration modes. Big one though, configuration mode 5 lets you select how many levels of light you have. It blinks out 1-8 modes and you simply click off to engage at the number you want. How awesome is that? And with every selection, TK has gone to great lengths to ensure the steps are evenly spaced. So if you have moon engaged (a separate entity) you can have 9 levels of light output! Or 2, or disengage moon and have only one, up to you. I get tickled messing with this group because of the way it works. Toggle 15 clicks to engage the groups, it blinks for each level. At level 5 bump it and it will show the 8 level choicesā€¦ and hereā€™s where itā€™s neatā€¦ 1 blink ā€œbuzzzzzā€ 2 blinks ā€œbuzzzzzā€ and so on. The buzz is a sort of vibrating light that gives you time to turn the light off to select that level. Itā€™s really cool, pretty neat trick. I know the saying of it is confusing, but wait til you see it in action. :slight_smile:

Turn moon on or off. Turn last mode memory on or off. Change L-H to H-L. Select how many modes you want, select how hot it gets before stepping down. I think thereā€™s a lottery number selection algorithm in there somewhere too :stuck_out_tongue: (thereā€™s not, but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if there was)

TK will be going through the firmware with a fine toothed comb, detailing it like a Rolls Royce on Awards Ceremony Night. :wink:

Stay tunedā€¦

the catā€™s out of the bag

Oh, yeah!

I did not know the X5 had a thermal step-down. Does the X6 also have one?

Iā€™m already in for ss/cu but put me in for 1 set al nw
Thanks alot Dale :stuck_out_tongue:

Youā€™re welcome fatboy! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m using Efest Purple IMR14500 cells, seeing around 1200 lumens. Yeah, I know right? Decently tight hot spot, crazy that you can hide it in your fist. Game changing little light, for sure.

X6 and X5 will have the same driver, same features. :wink:

Is that a yes?

Do you mean, "Yes, the X5 and X6 both have a thermal-management system."

Same driver, same featuresā€¦ itā€™s a yes, thermal management in both utilizing the Atmel ATTiny25 MCU.

An aluminum X5 showed up tonight. Iā€™ve got a bunch of testing to do before posting details though. Gotta take it apart and check out every little detail.

Dale already mentioned one of the improvementsā€¦ Itā€™s using a tiny25-based driver. This adds thermal regulation and the ability to configure more of the UI. Thereā€™s a whole menu of options now.

Iā€™ll be able to post more after some tests and errands.

Thanks Selene and Dale. You two always go above and beyond! :slight_smile: