BLF logo?

This led icon is made by CREE with collaboration with the The Noun Project. It was created to allow the public and the media to stop using antiquated Edison or swirly CFL bulb designs to symbolize lighting.

I made several iterations based on this icon, and there can be so many more… These are just quick low res samples. Keep in mind that I’m making these to be etched on the flashlights, not on this website, So I’m trying to make them as simple as possible to make a clear laser etch.

There is no legal involvement of any kind by using the icon, even for commercial purposes:

Newby here, but I think the one in the shape of a flashlight is classic. It is immediately recognizable as the icon of a flashlight and even before you know what BLF stands for you know what “BLF” stands for. Disney does not hesitate to put the iconic Mickey ears symbol on a set of Mickey ears.

But we aren’t creating a logo to advertise or sell more flashlights. I don’t really care if people don’t instantly recognize the logo to be flashlight related. It should convey exclusivity.

I just think the flashlight shape looks a little too “disney”, to use your example.

I like the middle quite a bit! Though I personally think it would be better if the L didn’t extend under the F. I know the idea is to have them fit together but I think it could look better if the don’t.

I think it goes well with the blocky fonts, not as well with the round font.

How about putting the vertical LED icon to the right of the F, like an exclamation point?

I agree 100% The outline logo concept on the middle light is great but with that change we not only in my opinion make the logo look better but avoid any copyright or trademark issues. :party:

I made it a bit more narrow as well, now that L & F are separated.

I like it! Actually this is the best of the bunch IMO. Thanks for the suggestion

My version on the right

I like the exclamation!

How about keeping the angles on the left side of the B from this

I quite like them. See if that looks ok. Maybe even keep the angle at the top left of the L

How about keeping the angles on the left side of the B from this

[/quote]

Is it just me? when this was turned side ways I saw a “cat” holding a flashlight (arm and flashlight horizontial) with his feet in a cool pose.

I was thinking that instead of the “head” of the flashlight only having a flair on the top, how about if it also had the flair on the bottom.

This is a very small change I am posing to the group.

Hey the cats name can be (fill in the blank) fire :wink:

Keep in mind that they are 2 different fonts, one is boxy and the other one has angled corners!

I like the upper one better, because in the outlined one the F might look like a P after the led icon is added.

[quote=MG]

….not bad. nice anamatronic look to it.quote]

See the cool cat? see how with a tiny little triangle the arm looks more like and arm and a light?

.0002 worth because it is a very small input.

Yea, it does look a bit like a P in the outlined one.

In the 1st one I think the B works on, L not so much. Had a feeling the L would be too much.

I really like the progression I’ve seen throughout the day. I think we’re getting much closer to an awesome logo! :bigsmile:

Those are both good. I’m not a fan of the “exclamation”

How about this?

I had to do this edit using paint but what do you think? A tweaked version of the image in post #72 with the bottom more closely matching the top and a few other tweaks. Keep in mind this would be evened out and angles matched, etc. with better software:

I have another small tweak in mind but my wife is glaring at me right now… gotta go! :open_mouth:

I also kind of wonder how it’d look with the emitter icon in the blank space above the bottom of the L, but I get the feeling it might look a little awkward.

I like the “BLF!” family of logos, and the flashlight-shaped ones. :slight_smile:

How about this variation?

will34, I love the “full color” logo in your sig!