*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Got you signed up for 8!!

Done :slight_smile:

Added additional ones for Dougdimadome and dealgrabber2002.

Please add me to the list for one more, for a total of 2.

first one is at 1021 on the list. Thanks

But you have no basis for that conclusion. There’s no inherent or increased risk from paralleling different capacity cells.

I agree with you Stereodude, especially for a light like the LT1. It’s a great topic for another thread, check this out to join the discussion.

¯\ … OK
… I’m not saying your wrong. I am saying I am not gonna do it.

I will have a set of 4 equal & matched cells dedicated to a LT1…. Just like in my Q8’s.

You suggest knowledge or a reference that is not there.

??? who?

Please increase my reservation to two.
So a total of two for me. #4578 & #5750
Thx!

You’ll see both on the next updates to the interest list files. Typically this only happen once a week sometime Sunday night.

EVERYBODY!

When paralleling cells, the only thing you need to worry is voltage between the cells.

Just make sure you don’t have more than 0,1V delta.

I asked for 2 more in Post 5797. Only see one on the list though.

I’m curious, how would the runtime look like when using different capacity cells in parallel, assuming they started at the same fully-charged voltage?
Will it be an average of the total capacity or will it be based more on the capacity of the lowest cell (times the number of cells)?

Average of total capacity.

Along with transferring incorrect values to my post I also put in the wrong “through post” number :confounded:

Rest assure that your 2 additional lanterns are in my database and will show up on Sunday’s updates. I blame jet lag for all the errors in that post :person_facepalming:

Here is what I currently have for you:

!

only 5 away from 2000! :smiley: You can increase my order number to 6 too from the original 5.

You should sum Ah of each battery and divide to current consumption. no losses).
Parallel connection is very good for such device. If you use old batteries(with hi internal resistance) different voltage is not a problem too.

This :+1: I have used different capacity cells in my other modded lanterns running a parallel configuration. (one in particular is a modded Coleman LED that can use eight 18650 cells) I have had everything from various laptop pulls along with newer Panas and Samsung cells & even one “good” 1920 mAh ultrafire cell in the battery holder with others. All cells were at a constant same voltage when i put them in the lantern, and all are charged parallel using a TP4056 module, (giving roughly 0.125 amps per cell “trickle” charge from the 1-amp 4056. none of the cells ever even warmed up while charging or running the lantern on a 4-7135 105C 3-mode driver and its 4000K XP-L.

Add me for one!

Has micro-usb vs usb-c been decided?