*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

All this talk of people getting 8… Yeah, counting my lists of gifts and people who will probably buy it off me at cost once they see it…

Go ahead and increase my reservation from 4 to 8 please!

This is getting out of hand…

Please increase my reservation to 3. Currently have 1 at 1683

Get away with it?? There is nothing wrong with putting different capacity cells in parallel. He could use a 1500mAh, a 2500mAh, a 3000mAh, and a 3500mAh all together and it would be totally fine as long as they’re all in the same general state of charge when they’re inserted and if they’re all the same general LiIon chemistry. Is it the ideal scenario? No, but it’s not inherently unsafe or anything.

Yep… “might possibly get away with it” …. to be exact ?!?? :smiley:
Do what you want, but that’s my story & I’m sticking to it. :+1: . :smiley: . :beer:

Well here’s to me helping you reach that 2,000 mark. Include another for me, so a total of two for me.

Please add 1 more for me. Total 2. Original request #32.

Got you signed up for 8!!

Done :slight_smile:

Added additional ones for Dougdimadome and dealgrabber2002.

Please add me to the list for one more, for a total of 2.

first one is at 1021 on the list. Thanks

But you have no basis for that conclusion. There’s no inherent or increased risk from paralleling different capacity cells.

I agree with you Stereodude, especially for a light like the LT1. It’s a great topic for another thread, check this out to join the discussion.

¯\/¯ … OK
… I’m not saying your wrong. I am saying I am not gonna do it.

I will have a set of 4 equal & matched cells dedicated to a LT1…. Just like in my Q8’s.

You suggest knowledge or a reference that is not there.

??? who?

Please increase my reservation to two.
So a total of two for me. #4578 & #5750
Thx!

You’ll see both on the next updates to the interest list files. Typically this only happen once a week sometime Sunday night.

EVERYBODY!

When paralleling cells, the only thing you need to worry is voltage between the cells.

Just make sure you don’t have more than 0,1V delta.

I asked for 2 more in Post 5797. Only see one on the list though.

I’m curious, how would the runtime look like when using different capacity cells in parallel, assuming they started at the same fully-charged voltage?
Will it be an average of the total capacity or will it be based more on the capacity of the lowest cell (times the number of cells)?