*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Is it sold out?

Can you kindly post or PM me the link to the 60W solar panel you purchased please?

Put me down for one please. :smiley:

As a layman/noob, I don’t understand 99.9% of what you guys are talking about, but I do know that you guys are making a fantastic product worth every penny and it will be a success. I do understand the manual though :innocent:

Best wishes.

No since the buy isn’t even live at the moment. If you’re interested in getting one then post that in this thread :money_mouth_face:

I too would be interested in that information as I plan to order a panel as well to use in power outage situations.

Thanks

There a a few solar panel deals or various outputs here in Fin17’s Banggood deals page and I believe the one Geronimo ordered is the 60W one in that post. I ordered the 30W for camping, backpacking as I already have a 7 panel fold out 120W and a large fold out double 160W panel set. I love recharging all my batteries for no further cost thanks to Ra :wink:

I don’t think that 60W panel is a very good one to use. It’s rated for 18V at 2.21A. 18V is absolute maximum for the charge controller in the LT1. If that 18V is a working voltage, not max no load voltage you could exceed 18V with a light load and damage the charge controller in the LT1. I guess you could use the 5V 2A USB output, but then you’re going to have more efficiency losses.

Thanks - Old Davo for the link.

Thanks - Stereodude - I’ll wait until someone recommends a more suitable one.

Thanks for the link and info guys.

I have been looking at the ECEEN panel DBSAR referenced on the first page of this thread. I was just curious if there might be a better option with discounts available. I want a quality panel but I’m never opposed to finding a good deal on good products.

So excited! Can you add 1 lantern to my request, for a total of 2.
Thanks!

DBSAR has a number of posts about solar panels and testing, but THIS ONE has a couple of videos of them working on a cloudy day, including his 40-watt PowerAdd panel.

I don’t see an issue with using 60-watt panel and converting the output to 5V USB. The efficiency is not a problem when you’ve got 60 watts of potential output. However, the Banggood 60-w panel doesn’t appear to be 60 watts by my count.

5V * 2A = 10W
18V * 2.21A = 40W

The only way that this could even reach 50 watts is if both output were simultaneously maxxed. I would not purchase the 60w panel until I checked youtube or elsewhere for some real-world testing. Reasonable coupon prices seem commonly available even just from the sales folks on BLF (M4D M4X, freeme, Fin17). I would prefer a standard 12V output, but 18V may be able to charge laptops directly. Someone more familiar with the LT1 charging circuit might tell us if 18V is risky.

That says it all.

There are lower cost options indeed, even higher wattage outputs. for quality & performance for the size the Eceen 10W model is perfect for the LT1, but if you want to charge two lanterns at the same time, then there are a few good 30W+ panels available.

I’d like one please.

The English manual has got some last minute changes. You can download the final version ► here ◄.

DBSAR, maybe you'd like to put the link into your OP, so everyone can find it easily.

18V is the absolute maximum listed in the datasheet for the chip. In IC terms that means stay away. It doesn’t really mean that 17.9V is cool for long term use either.

Put me down for 2

Did you find the Eceen 10 watt solar panel on Banggood? I’ve searched on BG, but can’t find it, with or without the discount.

Amazon

Good idea Lux, i will add the link to the mail post topic OP.