*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Add another 1 for me. Originally 550 and 551. 3 total now. Thanks guys

For those interested here are the interest list counts from March on. I don’t have insert dates on anything prior to mid-Feb so I left those counts out.

55 in March
106 in April
81 in May to-date

Wow, you’ve been really busy. I worked on the interest list for about 9 months and added about 500 people. You’ve been at it for 3 months and have added nearly 250! I’ve been super busy with work and definitely would have had trouble keeping up.

Nice work!! :+1: :beer:

Fortunately it’s not much work :smiley: . I threw up an Oracle instance on my computer and created a few tables and other objects in it. I wrote a script that I use to insert the user name and post number which only takes a few seconds. Creating the spreadsheets is quick since I just have to query a view on the tables to populate them.

The database isn’t written specifically for the lantern project and is useful for future projects if anyone wants to use it. I’d be more than happy to pass the code on to anyone who wants it.

Sounds like a great addition to my fledgling collection of lights and camping gear. I’m in!

I kinda got lost in the postings but was there a clarification about whether or not the lamp will be glass with diffusion or some sort of plastic alternative?

it will be a plastic globe/shade. (no glass)

Cool. Considering my clumsiness, that will work great. :+1:

I’ll add another 2 to my existing 1 in post #4101. Total 3. Thanks.

Put me down for one

Very Interested

For very warm white contrasting switch LEDs,why not something like the Luminus Cube, 90 CRI 1800K-2200K? They have a whole family of emitters. I do have the 1800K in a light, and they are very very warm. They’re almost like white PC Amber emitters.

that color range woudl be great, it depends on what the factory can source.

The more the CRIs, the merrier!

I’m surprisingly excited at the prospect of a warm white button light… what does this say about me? Lol

Amber white would be neat in the button, but TBH I don’t really care what color it is as long as it’s visible at two levels without using much power.

As is, the standby power draw is about 0.13 mA on high, 0.10 on low, or 0.09 with the button LED off. So, a little higher than the Q8, but it should still last ~12 years per charge in standby mode.

Mostly, I hope it won’t do like some other lights and increase the standby power to levels which actually drain the battery. I’ve seen as high as 60 mA for aux LEDs sometimes, though that might have been a manufacturing error or something.

That’s a fair point, I’d have to agree. I did that Attiny85+ws2812b aux mod, and it pulls about 5ma which is too high for my tastes. I might still use it, but I wouldn’t leave it on in lockout, or if I did it would be my EDC which sees a lot of time on the charger.

60ma?! Holy cow I hope that was a defect, that’s crazy.

I have yet to try the 2200K Cube. That might be another promising emitter if the 1800K proves to be too deep a color.

Interested as long as this stays in the $50 or less range. Please add me to the list!

Even 5mA is well into the territory of “Moonlight” mode. 60mA is insane! :open_mouth: