*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Now the only big remaining question is when the production is going to start. We already know from that video that they have a running prototype with the requested changes, so what are they waiting for?

It will start when all the ducks are in their proper row. :+1:

DBSAR,

I know others have expressed interest (including yourself) in purchasing some alternate colors, for myself Iā€™d like a black and green copy, Iā€™m just curious when the group buy PMā€™s are sent, will colors even be an initial option? Has Sofirn responded to you regarding this? I can see the business case for cranking out as many black copies as possible initially. Would obviously be best to select desired colors on initial purchase for simplicity, and shipping efficiency (cost). First world problems man! :slight_smile:

Great work everyone, there is lightā€¦errā€¦LT1 at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

Iā€™d like to be put on the list as well please!

So, youā€™re saying that once we have the Q8 based lantern done, we scale down the head to work on an SF11 type body?
Iā€™ll take one in bare and one in TK Purple!

If this takes off, it would be convenient to go to the local sporting goods store to buy some 18650ā€™s. No more shipping issues! Then design a lantern for 26650ā€™s?

1. I would prefer waiting after the group buy has ended completely to start selling it in retail stores.

2. That would create a problem however. Once they get into retail shelves, other generic light manufacturers will try to make one cheaper, and worse than that, especially in the LED and light quality department.
We have to be very careful in regards to BLF knockoffs. That hasnā€™t happened yet, but we always have to be on the lookout for this, as this could happen in the retail land.

3. No 26650 lantern. 21700 would make more sense, and not be absolutely massive and heavy.

Not for the lamp, but to get the batteries locally, LOL! One in every size - just joking on that. But we will see where it goes, hopefully in a safe direction.

Sofirn has been in communication on the colors option, i have provided Barry & them with the Pantone-color numbers for the green & gold-sand colors. i am unsure if the first production lot will have the other colors, but black is the base main color at the moment.

Agreed. :+1:

this will never be sold in most retail as is. It would probably end up being remade with a gross battery pack, retail packaging, and under the house brand of a major retailer so people feel like it has a warranty.

There are so many little finetuned details about this lantern that I doubt that any good clone will emerge, they will all screw up on more than one feature. So let the cloning begin! :slight_smile:

Interested in GBā€¦1 quantity.;A great applause to folks involved in this effort.
Got a opportunity to buy during a previous GB and very happy with it and I trust the awesome folks here to deliver the same with LT1

Would love a blue option but green would be cool.

But muggles wonā€™t notice.

True.
As of yet, are any of the decent budget lights sold in any big box/retail stores? Prior to becoming interested in flashlights, Iā€™d never heard of brands like thunite, sofirn, nitecore, emisar, fenix, etcā€¦ Knew of streamlight, maglite, led lenser and those sorts.

Sofirn doesnā€™t need brick and mortar, theyā€™ll sell all they care to make on Amazon once the word gets out.

I agree, physical stores are a thing of the past. I was just curious.

Please add me to the interested list for the BLF LT1 Lantern Project.

Fenix can be found in stores