*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Some posts back there was a short post indicating there may be differences in scratch resistance among the various colors.

Is there any further durability information relating to the color sources being selected? Hopefully the durability could be associated with particular colors.

I am interested in some that are not black, but not at the cost of durability.

I haven’t received a pm yet, is that normal? Iirc Im #2073 on the list, are they just not that far along yet or was there a problem?

I agree, I have 4 Zanflares. Two have been on low/ww constantly 24/7 since July 2018

no issues, but that is on low. I charge them every couple of weeks. The Zanflare T1 is the lantern I would take backpacking because of size/weight. On the other hand, on an outing where a vehicle/beer is involved or a power outage and size/weight is not a consideration, Im looking forward to using the LT1.

the first batch only hat 500 units

Only the 1st 500 got codes for the 1st batch run. The rest of us are waiting for the 2nd batch codes to be issued, via PM from Sofirn. Some were able directly thru AE and Ebay, but they shut that down due to flawed order process.

Looking forward to the accessories! Definitely in for the neoprene bag and the collapsible silicone hood.

I don’t have a lot of detail to add, but the LT1 driver was designed by BLF member Lexel, and as best I recall, it’s an adaption from his previous Q8 driver.

Does anyone know what the potentiometer is for? Indicator LED brightness control maybe?
And what about the V-shaped jumper pad pair next to it?

This

??

The Q8 driver was not by Lexel but by DEL if I remember it well. It also was not half as complex as the LT1 driver as it has no charging components and only 1 output channel.

I stand corrected, with apologies to DEL.

Actually, it was Lexel’s design. DEl created an initial schematic for the LT1, I took a whack at making it a reality for a bit. Then fortunately for all Lexel got involved and took it over. The end design is significantly different from what DEl started.

The Q8 design is a FET + 1 7135s. The LT1 design is up to 7 7135s, one for each set of emitters. I think the plan was that 5 of the 7 would be enabled at the factory, and the user could either solder the pads for the other two, leave it be, or reduce the number if desired. It appears from the picture above the user can cut the number to two, which would give extremely long run time. But then again so does turning down the intensity of 5 (or 7). The LT1 also has battery charging, which the Q8 does not. And tint mixing, and . . .

Edit, I see the reference for DEL’s design was the original Q8 driver, not the LT1. :person_facepalming:

They look great, can’t wait!

DEL made most of the circuit decisions on the Q8, and I did the initial PCB layouts myself. I can tell just from the bottom that this is MUCH more complicated than the Q8 driver ever was.

That pot and those solder stars are VERY interesting.

If I had to guess, the pot seems to control brightness for the indicator LED, and then you use solder to activate/deactivate 7135s for both WW and NW channels. It’s a really simple thing to do with so much pcb space, but I’ve never seen it.

I was on the gb list at #1868, but I never got a pm with a code.

What do I need to do now?

Wait for it patiently just like the rest of us.

I’m #640 and got a code 10/17. It was for Amazon and was a long code.
I tried to order a few days later and it wasn’t available.
The eBay method was described in this thread, I made offer of GB price and they never responded so it expired after 24 hrs. With all the talk of colors I’m wondering if any of the colors will be available at the GB price, anyone know? If so I’ll hold out for an orange. If not I’ll get black as someone said they were available again.
Thanks!

Only the first 500 on the list got the code for the first batch. 2nd batch is coming.

I am 205 on the list haven’t received code, Do I need to just wait or is there a process to follow.

OldSee

Just wait