BLF Quotes ...What did he say ?

Sometimes members make notable comments.Some witty ,some wise .
Some hopefully worth repeating here .

this one just cracked me up
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
-Bucketthead

I no longer need a wallet. Thanks BLF!

’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Pilotdog68, on the occasion of the new XP-L HI:

“Well crap. It’s the daggum Holy Grail.”

For anything that’s attractive to counterfeit, the established way, proven to work, is a chain of custody, “provenance” — keeping track at each sale or transfer by adding a line to the documentation, and that goes with the item.

I have plenty more where that came from, but not BLF-sourced, that I can find right now.
But for your edification, I’m cheating and included a few I just re-found:

Sourced:

“Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway.” (John Wayne)

“You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.” -Abbie Hoffman
[The above are not endorsements of Abbie Hoffman or John Wayne or anyone in this list, I just liked the quotes]

“A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.”
-Thomas Jefferson

“The history of liberty is the history of the limitations placed on the government… Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.”
-Woodrow Wilson

“The only time the US government pretends to care in the slightest about human rights abuses is when they’re carried out by countries that don’t cooperate”
-Glenn Greenwald [the reporter who facilitated Ed Snowden’s whistleblowing on illegal domestic spying]

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religions destroy spirituality.”

Unknown:

“Critical thought and radical dissent against the authority created this nation; conformity did not.”

“leave it to the Democrats to institute a tax to change the weather” (unknown internet news commenter)

A classic quote from Don in his tagline .

Classic because the link doesn’t work :slight_smile:

- The numbers from my light tests are always to be found here.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApkFM37n_QnRdDU5MDNzOURjYllmZH

a classic quote from RemanG

ALL of my links are non-affiliated for your pleasure.

One that I have put in my Google Doc of “quotable quotes” :

Science doesn’t give us answers. It just gives us a progression of theories which are less wrong than what we thought before. So… it’s not really about being right. It’s about being less wrong.
Toykeeper

When faith enters, reason flees.
And when reason flees anything goes. [Unknown].

Did you try turning it off then on again

2017 flashlight want list and already got for this year - #4

:D

@Boaz

Should we limit our comments to what BLF members have stated or is this thread intended for quotes from elsewhere too? I have a handful of the latter but I can see how that might make into a massive thread :wink:

Phil

Thrunite T10T XHP50

:))

@SawMaster:

I agree that we should stick to what BLF members have posted.

Hey it’s BLF ….where you are your own moderator…. and yet thread crapping is part of the experience …

Just use the Boy Scout motto of …leaving your campsite better than it was when you got there .

Taken from a post by “pinkpanda3310”

but by the time I’ll find a use for it the knowledge will probably have leaked out my ear

and at my age I can certainly relate to that personally :wink:
Phil

I buy RC cars for my kids like a man buys a bowling ball with his name on it for his wife.

“What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it’s for you to figure out.”

Happy Valentines day ….

I don’t have a big red heart for you …. But I do have an arrow .

Just had my meal today; four burritos with habanero (six of them) sauce made from boiled peppers, including two orange bell peppers, lime, and cilantro. After boiling for ten minutes, I blend them and the result is a nice, mean bite. Washed all that down with two Bud Lights. I am now ready to doze off.

Eat Once a Day - Lose Weight - Feel Great!

A comment from Rusty Joe

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

LOL, I’ve been quoted but I don’t remember what it was about… :laughing: :laughing: :person_facepalming:

So it did leak out your ear. :stuck_out_tongue: