Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

monday morning in 14 minutes…
(at least here in €urope :stuck_out_tongue: )

Maybe he’s at work :wink:

An update mustn’t be too far off.

haha! In New York...everything is 48 hours before everybody else. In Florida everything is 48 hours after everybody else

Here is the update til now.

• Looking at 2 manufacturers for this light. EE and brand X
  • Trying to come up with clip for light. EE may be able to use X6 tube with clip and brand X is looking to see if deep carry clip can be made.
  • EE had better driver with single FET but problems on low mode. We think we know why and new samples have been made where if I understand correctly this time they have used Wight's schematic exactly. Banggood will be contacting EE to get the samples.
  • Brand X sent samples with different drivers. We did not like those drivers because Dale's tests show inefficiency where there are greater amps but fewer lumens. Allegedly new drivers are being manufactured so we are waiting to see what happens there.

We all know EE and like what EE has but EE was taking way too long to give the needed attention. My patience gave way and that is when we started talking to brand X. Brand X responded immediately and produced samples within two weeks and is even trying to manufacture a clip for us. As it stands for now...this next round of samples may be the last and deciding round. Just as a note, this time it took EE only two weeks to get something together.

Thanks for the update and all the work you have done in organising this one. Look forward to news on how the latest samples work out.

Sounds very good bugsy36, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

I have to say 2 weeks turnaround for brand x sounds promising for future GB’s, because EE & Luckysun takes fore ever to get something done it feels sometimes.

Anyway it sounds like you have a good strategy :wink: to get them to move a bit faster :slight_smile:

After all that money I sent to 'Individual A', now I have to pay off 'Brand X'?

What's this world coming to? J)

Do we get to know the name of brand X even if it won’t go through with them?

Such a fast response is very nice and might be interesting for other GB projects.

(And it’s fun to guess who it is and see if your guess is right :stuck_out_tongue: )

'X' is a good brand name, it will look good on the flashlight :-)

Just like XX eneloops.

I give in - 2 for me please; 1x CW, 1x NW :bigsmile:

Very nice job lighting a fire under their ass! :bigsmile: :beer:

Deep carry clip! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: I’d even buy that separately.

I just read the UI scheme and find it a GREAT WORK! Really, regardless one likes it or not that is a very mature and complete take on a single clicky switch UI. Many compliments!

My take on brand “X” is nitefighter, if a game of guessing starts :slight_smile:

Can brand x use the same ui then if their driver is different?

I’ve got a X6 body on my A6, I like the carry clip, I’d love a deep carry clip that attached the same way. Something like this Nitecore clip http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_177799.html

Quite obvious: XinTD!

Unless it’s X-fire.

It can be similar enough to use the firmware (attiny13 chip) but still be a bad driver. High resistance junk mosfet. Resistors on the pwm lines.

The driver difference was a result of not using our preferred MOSFET but going instead to a pair of very small units. These made decent light, but burned more amperage doing so. Efficiency suffered and we spent quite a lot of time honing down the available MOSFET choices to get this driver performing brilliantly in the first place. I prefer the Vishay-Dale SIR800DP, it seems to give the best total output with reasonable current draw and is capable of high amperage in a light that can do it, like a triple.

Hopefully they are going to use one of our preferred MOSFET’s and get it right, get it done, and start shipping us some lights! (stripping our billfolds in the process of course!)

X has nothing to do with the name of the other manufacturer, it’s “the unknown subject” as in albebra, trig, yada yada yada.

I am stuck on Brand X brand cause Brand X’s stuck on me… (deep carry clip) :wink:

hmmm convoys....