Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Doesn’t care for Convoys.

Thanks for sharing your great ingenuity with everyone to make this such a cool project. A Zebralight has been on my wishlist for a while now largely because of the more advanced UI. I’m still having a hard time believing that this project is going to produce something with what looks to me to be an even better UI, excellent build quality and even brighter output for around one quarter the cost of an sc62.

Thank you!

Damn, that looks good :smiley:

You think THAT looks nice? Try a Google images search for “brand x”. 0:)

Can’t share some of the images which come up, but you will find them…

Suspense, intrigue, mystery…all in a great group buy for a great flashlight. Love it!

I’m thinking google is just showing you what you want to see! :smiley: Google, of course, knows you better than you even know yourself.
I get nothing interesting at all from google images for “brand x”. And I do indeed have safe search off (permanently).

> Brand X

From the track record so far, expect them to continue cutting corners.

Expect Brand Y.

Thank you for this very informative post TK.

Thanks, but this will be pretty different than a Zebralight.

BLF A6 ZL SC62
clicky switch e-switch
larger smaller
hard anodized hardest anodizing I’ve ever seen
~1500 lm ~1000 lm
moon varies with charge and per-unit, ~0.1 to ~0.5 lm moon stays steady at ~0.15 lm
4 or 7 levels 3 main levels, 3 sub-levels, 5 sub-sub-levels
tactical strobe, bike flasher, battcheck/beacon low/high beacon, slow/fast tactical strobe, battcheck
very fast 3-level PWM (better than traditional 2-level slow PWM) constant output, more efficient
clip maybe? screwed-on clip
mode memory optional sub-level memory mandatory
easily moddable and flashable most mod-unfriendly lights on the market
$23? (TBD) $85

I like Zebralights, but I don’t care much for the sub-level thing, and it really bothers me that it takes like 16 clicks to change between sub-sub-levels. I also would really like to modify them, but they make it nearly impossible to open their lights.

In a pocket rocket tube light, is there really a problem?? J)

You threw me there TK, I saw that about the SC62 and thought something was wrong, looked at mine again and thought again, somethings wrong, mine makes 1117 lumens so what’s the difference? Then I read mine a little closer, it’s an SC52… it takes a 14500 cell! I put a reversing, ramping firmware in it with an FET driver. :slight_smile:

You think the ZL ano is actually tougher than the EE X6 Type III? Should I toss mine out the window of the car and find out? lol Ok, THAT’s NOT gonna happen!

at least here in the middle empire

It’s hard to say; I haven’t thrown either one out of a moving car. However, my SC52 has withstood daily abuse better than any other light I’ve carried except for a Convoy S7, and that one is made of steel. Other “hard anodized type 3 military-spec” lights I’ve carried show a lot more signs of wear.

Not that I carry the SC52 any more… but I probably would if I had a modded one. As is, the UI is awkward and the light output is rather green.

Since the BLF SE Eagle Eye X6 still lives on at Banggood, will the BLF SE Eagle Eye A6 also live on at Banggood? Also will Banggood start carrying the A17DD-SO8 driver?

If they continue to use the BLF name on it then they should agree to not make any changes to the BLF design. Don’t want anyone to start looking for places to save a few cents and turn the light into junk while still bearing “BLF” on it. Like switching to a cheap MCPCB or junk mosfets.
Imho it’s perfectly reasonable especially considering the sales this light will bring in.

I’ll take NW unit please.

You’re right, but unfortunately we can’t control that, because they don’t care what you or I think they should do. :expressionless:

They care about money.
These are our terms, violate them and never see our business again. Plus we will spread your name as scum that no one should ever buy from.
We can protect the BLF name, if we make a point to do so. Do we care about the BLF name?

The problem is that we are not the only game in town for them. The Chinese have proven to us that they can’t see 5 minutes down the road. They will sell thousands of fakes before our influence would cause them to lose any sales. At that time, they would just move on to something else. In other words, they are not pro-active, they are just reactive, following trends. They don’t care if they trash our name, or even their own name. They just change the name of their company and continue business as usual.

I’m not saying that protecting the BLF name isn’t a worthy endeavor, just that we’re not big enough to bully them into quick submission to our demands. By the time we got them to stop abusing our name, it will not have been because we demanded it, but because they had already moved on to the newest trend and started to abuse it in the same way.

Do you lock your door when you leave home? Why? A couple hard kicks will open most doors.
It’s about creating a little resistance. Certainly there are no guarantees (anywhere in life). Making it known what we expect when using the BLF name is much better than saying nothing.

I think the bottom line is, Do we care enough about the BLF name to try?

Look a how fast EE woke up when Bugsy created the possibility of taking our money elsewhere.