BLF Special edition Tank007 - Preview !

Sounds good. Accidental mode change is well prevented.

Looking forward to receive mine.

Man, now I really can't wait to get mine!

My standard E07 started turning "angry blue" on a 14500 after about 5 seconds. The golden dragon emitter will handle it in larger lights that provide more heat sinking mass, but I think its pushing the emitter. At least it gave me some warning before blowing out. No damage done and the tint is still the same and just as bright as before the 14500 test. You're right about the beam... very ringy on the whitewall but not so bad outdoors. Its also probably my least bright 1 x AA lights, but then Im the type that prefers bright multi-mode lights with short run times. Packing extra cells isnt a bother to me.

Looking forward to your tests.

Hi FlashPilot, sorry, which light are you referring to here?

Oops, I meant E07. Edited thanks.

What the? You have it already. I think it was beamed to you - not posted. lol I hope I get mine tomorrow.

I think he is referring to the standard E07, not the BLF version. The standard E07 does not claim 14500 compatibility like the BLF edition. Since the BLF version has a different driver, it will be interesting to see if they worked this out.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3696

Tank say the Standard E07 is 14500 capable.

Jim @ Manafont emailed to say that he tried a 14500 in the custom E07 and it worked fine. So, it looks promising. However, I am not responsible if it blows up with a 14500 or kills your hamster! :bigsmile:

Unfortunately, Tank is just another chinese manufacturer that is just as guilty of lying about their entire product line as nearly all the rest of them. There are several reports that this light will burn out quickly on 14500's and mine is no acceptation. Its nice to see that the custom BLF version Old just reviewed (apparently) contains a proper driver to accommodate 14500's.

Almost doesn't seem worth the hassle to use a 14500 in the E07, it looks like the gain is only around 50 lumens, which really isn't all that noticeable. Plus the reduced runtime and increased heat with 14500.

I forgot.............it appears that the latest Tank007 now has a Q5. So perhaps that has a different driver that is 14500 capable whereas the older Osram and driver were not. Who knows?

Which is a Nitecore EZ AA

I have a Fenix LD15 that I won, it retails for about $40. It's a nice light overall. It was sort of my reference for this project. I hope that this $18 E07 can match it or even beat it.

None of the cheaper lights contain "proper" drivers to accommodate 14500's. Typically they bypass the boost circuit and run in direct drive where YMMV.

When will these be available? I searched Manafont's website and come up with nothing

They're waiting on the next batch from Tank007. No ETA yet, sorry!

It could be a little while though. The first batch are dated July 13 but were released Sept 1. The new edition is to be dated Sept 1. Seems like it should be faster the second time around, so maybe six weeks is the worst case.