Boost driver for convoy m1 ( may do quad m1, or triple x6 )

You just edited a quote to leave out the part where I said what you said. :person_facepalming:

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted. :blush:

I would recommend sanding the honeycomb pattern off of the cute 3 as well. It makes the light look great. It also increases the throw a little and makes it just a little less floody.

A smallish thrower would be the BTU PK26. Have you considered that?

It can run a either a 26350 or a 26650, uses the XHP35 HD or HI for 2000lm, can get CW or NW, pulls 6 amp at battery for 1.5 amp at emitter, has nice dbl click from off to turbo then single click to off, uses 12v emitter (swapping to xhp50 or xhp70 12v would give 2500lm) Costs about $50 with coupon code.

The EE x7 does fit a xhp50 and the 3A boost driver on KD.
Sure its not a 18650 light but it is single cell and at 3A
Its probably very bright.

There is also hosts on KD that fit both if u dont like x7.
They look alot more like a M1/M2 26650 host.

This one?
http://kaidomain.com/p/S025386.KL-S26-26650-LED-Flashlight-Host-145mm-L-x-32_5mm-D-for-Cree-XM-L-Black-1-set
Do you own it? If yes, please measure bezel internal diameter. Listed dimentions dont fit each other:
Reflector Dimension: 37mm(D) x 32mm(H)
Size: 32.5mm (Dia. of Head)

No i dont i got the x7 (in the mail) instead but the guy who works (or own?) KD mention that host as an alternative.
You maybr could PM him and ask for the correct info.

Il see if i can find a name.

BanL is the forumname.

Do you know the driver size of the X7? They are a nice looking light and cheap at $20.

I just bought an ultrafire F13 for $15.50 shipped with insurance. It looks a lot like the M1.

It can fit a 20mm star and 22mm driver. Iā€™ll use it as a host for an xhp50.2 or xhp70 (maybe xhp70.2 when they come out). I went with this bigger style just for better run time compared to the 18650 lights. It should fit in a pocket okay, but Iā€™ll probably use a belt holster.

Its a 20mm driver and star on x7.

Nice, that means the H1-A 6 volt boost driver fits, but the 12v 22mm driver does not. My one concern on these drivers is there is no memory.

I would like to find a host with a mechanical side switch instead of a tail switch. No luck so far.

Is there any mechanical side switch on any light?
Thought all was e switches.

Yeah, look at the Convoy BD02 and I think the BD01 and BD06. They have a mechanical switch, but are soldered to the driver board. This makes it hard to swap a different driver in. No aftermarket drivers have space on them to mount the extra switch. If I could find a host with a seperate mechanical side switch I could run just about any driver I want.

I wouldnā€™t mind a momentary switch either, but none of the few boost drivers I know of allow a momentary switch. So that rules them out.

If a host had a seperate momentary side switch, that would work as well. Fet drivers for momentary switches arenā€™t too hard to find.

I could probably machine a hole in the side of a host to mount a momentary switch, but it might not look very nice.

A mechanical side switch is a lot bigger as it would need to pass more current so it might be the hardest to mount.

IDK, I have to do more looking around. Iā€™m sure others have added side switches before.

I just get tired of using the reverse, tactical grip with the light near my face. Side switch is nicer. Lol.

It seems most side switch mods are for momentary but a clicky can be done and still look good. Itā€™s a bit surprising since most old fashioned tubes had side switching. You could do a Maglight C or D cell mod.