Booting Puppy Linux on a MK-802

Ok, I'll give that a shot later today. :D

wifi works for me. there is a wireless config utility you can find somewhere in the programs.
it configures wifi to wlan0 by default which in my case was the wrong wifi adapter.
change the number to your adapters, 3 in my case, and it should start scanning for networks.

Well, I ran the command and got "no wireless extensions". I tried everything from wlan0 to wlan 4 and no dice. :( I'll probably go back to puppy linux I guess...

is there something specific on a linux distro that your looking for that is not available on a android rom? or is it the thrill of the hunt?

I need to be able to connect to a printer and then share that via google cloud print (must have chrome installed), my main purpose for it is to run it as a headless cloud print server.

Ok, I have now given up on Bodhi linux. The damn thing can't recognize the wifi adapter. I really hate this thing...

The wifi seems to be a USB-connected device, which I’ve never tried, so I’m not sure what to suggest.

If you get to the point where you don’t want to futz with it any more, you’re welcome to send it to me and I’ll take a look. I will probably order a MK802 with my next fasttech order, but with the holiday, it won’t be in my hands for another month.

No it's not a USB connected thing, it's built in. I would recommend ordering from Amazon though, cheaper and it ships from the US. ;)

Yes, it’s built-in, but what I meant is that internally, the Ralink wfi chip is connected to the USB bus.

Thanks for the pointer re: Amazon. I have Prime, so that’s free two-day shipping.

Oh ok, now I understand what you're saying.

Department of Redundancy Department:

USB bus
CPU unit
NIC card
ATM matchine
:slight_smile: