Boruit Headlamp Review D10 (aka. EHL0628) - King of the Budget Headlamps?

Same, I would get one too if he made them. Maybe a couple.

You talking probably about H10 - H25. It looks like D model but made off pure chinesium.

1 Thank

Fu#k, I got duped thinking I got a deal buying the H25LR.

I was watching a random Indonesian flashlight youtube and noticed this in the corner of one of their vids. The guy said he de-anodized it with typical household chemical cleaner.

Looks pretty neat. I might try it for fun.

Contact with aluminum is not good for health and it can paint clothes too. But yea, drain cleaner will do job.

2 Thanks

5+ years later after posting this review, I still use this light as one of my “go to” lights even just as a handheld light. I use a Sofirn SP40 with dc fix on the lens more - that one has earned the status of being my garage workbench light.

-Garry
(First post in years)

4 Thanks

Nothing new here. Same King. ;))

I agree, i have purchased half dozen now. Best headlamp period. Yes others may have higher CRI but they cost a lot more. For changing motor oil you dont need high CRI.

Its a base , space for creativity . Manny people made so far…

1 Thank

A CRI led swap is just 2 bucks and 10 minutes away :slight_smile:

Green looks pretty good too!

flightless22:

2 Thanks

Damn that’s real nice. When I gut one of my my D10’s to try a driver swap, I’m going to try this as well. It’s so interesting it turned out green. Whenever I bake black ano flashlights they usually turn out a shade of brown/bronze instead.

I was surprised too that @flightless22 D10 turned green rather than a shade of brown!

I’ve only baked 1 black flashlight in the past and it turned into a very nice reddish brown. It took several iterations of baking between the head and tail vs the body to even the colors out, but it was a fun experiment.

1 Thank

I’ve been using the Convoy 20mm TIRs and just trimming the lips off, do the 17mm Convoy TIRs for the H1 fit in the D10 head without modification?

Are they too small?

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to achieve that green tint like @flightless22 achieved on their clone D10. They must be using some different chemicals in their ano. I barely managed to get a brown tint after 45 minutes @300 degrees C.

That’s very disappointing! :frowning_face:

Are you going to try something else now?

I was thinking of maybe trying to look for the clone. If it’s cheap enough I may get it. Otherwise I think I’ll just forget about it. It’s a nice look but I’m none too disappointed if it didn’t turn out the same.

@flightless22 do you happen to have a link for where you got your ‘green’ one?

You may want to continue to bake it. Looks like it started to change color. It may not turn green, but it still could turn into something even nicer.

It’s an ugly host. I bought it many times because of the mod potential to turn it into something very useful. Making it look good is the last thing I would consider LOL.

1 Thank

I guess I could try longer, I already did this one for 45 minutes though. I previously did bakes of other hosts and most of them only needed 20-25 minutes for there to be significant change in colour. For e.g. my S2+ black:

This one only took about 20 mins iirc and it produced a very nice, almost iridescent bronze sheen.

I guess I could throw the D10 back in since I haven’t put the internals back in, but I somehow doubt extra time is going to make a significant difference, having already gone through 45 minutes at 300°C. I was thinking higher temp maybe, but I only have a little toaster oven and it doesn’t go past 300°C.

1 Thank