Brass 18650

ive been drooling over the brass beauty from banggood, and I'm ready to order one or two, but I want to know of any other brass 18650 lights that might be available before I buy these. I've scoured the net for the last 2 weeks and haven't found a single other brass 18650 light, so please post links or just tell me where to look for other brass 18650 lights please!

Haven’t seen any others besides maybe a few rare custom ones. I like it too, very small but a touch heavy.

A few from CNQG,
AA
AAA
I like the looks of the AAA Brass Art. It would be a sweet light with a Tiny10 and 10440.

What kind of Lumens do you think that one from CNQG is OTF? just curious and I’m kinda a newb so I don’t know how to calc.

Aren’t the one’s from Bangood and CNQG the same. Have the one from BG and it’s nice. Want a few more and asked Mad Max for a code, he is working on one for the 18650 and the AA. Last time the price with code at BG was around $21 I believe.

I'm not really sure about the lumen output. I wouldn't imagine it's much over 700 with the xpg2 poorly driven with cheap springs and tiny lead wires.

I'm putting in an order for 2 of the ones from BG now... Was hoping I could get another 18650 light to mod too.

The expectations here at BLF are sky-rocketing . Seriously, 700 lumens for a flashlight that size is great (although with the XP-G2 I expect it more to be like 400 or so).

Oooo you are right Scott :slight_smile: that AAA Brass Art looks great, haha i almost wish i hadn’t seen that :smiley: thats another one on the wishlist :slight_smile:

If you have some bucks to spend then there’s Sinner’s Custom Host Designs . Not many manufactured lights push the current past 3A in an EDC size host so don’t look for 1000 lumen output unless you plan on modding it yourself.

Thats probably closer to the truth. I don't keep any tube lights stock for long since joining this forum. I know you all hate the idea, but I'm turning one of these into a triple. I ordered one xpg2 and one xml so I'll be able to get a lux reading and beam comparisons of both in 7-20 days lol

Go to Mad Max’s deals thread to get code for $6.69 off brass 18650. Just posted today.

Edit: When using the code the price is $22 for xpg2 and $24 for xml2. Would only take off one discount per order so you will have to make two separate orders when buying two or more. Go to Mad Max’s deals page and use his link so he can get affiliate points for getting us this deal.

^ yea that figures lol, I ordered the day before the code came out >.<

I also have to agree with you. That aaa one is very nice. Now the question is whether or not it will accept 10440 or not. Looks like it might, since it gives you options to use 2x aaa

Is this at Banggood or Cnq? One better than the other? What Madmax thread?

Found the Banggood code. Thanks!

Might or might not. Some drivers will accept 3V input but cook on 4V. If I get one it would get one of the BLF 105C based drivers if it could not handle the higher voltage.

If decide to get this i would do a full mod on it anyway XP-L + driver or just run it DD :slight_smile:

@Scott, you have lots of experience with brass lights, i know the heatsinking is worse than aluminum, but is it so much worse it it is a concern? If i want to drive a XP-L at 3A in that thing :smiley: would it get much hotter than a similar aluminum light, i know aluminum can take it if my hand are up to the heat but i don’t know brass. And i know SS with even worse heatsinking would not be a good idea for more than shorter bursts.

I want to find out if I'll actually cook a triple @ 7-9A because of the heat it isn't displacing. Realistically it will be ran on 10-25% continuously depending on if 25% gets too hot, but for short bursts of 100% I dont see anything wrong with a brass triple.

I read some where, think CPF, that the Banggood ones are not the same quality as the CNQG. If I find where I read that I will link it. I saw that about a week or so ago.

I got a Banggood AA version. Quality seems good though I don’t have the other version for comparison.