Bridgelux Thrive 95CRI COB - BXRE-65S4001 - too yellowish green instead of neutral tint

hi,

i find that the Bridgelux’s Thrive high CRI BXRE-65S4001 has a yellowish green tint, being a 6500K lamp. anyone have similar experience ?

Hi. We’re happy you’ve joined.

I’m not sure if you would find answers to your questions here. Maybe.

This is flashlights forum so LEDs which are not mounted in flashlights are of far less interest.

But i wish you luck :thinking: :crossed_fingers:

Have a pleasant time at this friendly forum, videolighter!

Welcome, fair amount of discussion about LEDs above/below the BBL, and 0 or slightly negative duv generally preferred. Green sounds like it’s above the line. Googling above keywords will explain better than I can :sweat_smile:

Figure 9 in the datasheet shows the chromacity target as being entirely above the BBL. Figure 7 shows the Duv of a tested 6500k COB to be .0046.

1 Thank

so the 6500K Bridgelux Thrive really needs a “color correction” filter if we are going to use it in STUDIO for photography and videography right?

I’m not a photographer or cinematographer but as far as I know they use all sorts of filters and techniques to achieve the desired visual effects.

So yes, use a filter, soft box, umbrellas, etc., to get what you want from the light. Use a filter, lens, settings, etc., to get what you want from the camera. And then there’s all the things that can be done in post processing.

To get the light you want you could combine different light sources. Adding a 3500k LED along side the 6500k LED would give you 5000k with a lower Duv. Colormix them with an umbrella or softbox or whatever. Bounce the light onto the subject to avoid glare and shadows. Power each LED with a separate driver and you can vary the CCT. Bridelux Vesta SE are tunable in this way, they have essentially two LEDs of different CCT put together on a single package.

I don’t know what you’re photographing but if it’s people, I’d probably be doing it with incan / halogen or a warm cct light. If it’s products, probably ~5000k LED. In my workshop I like 5000k. In the house bedrooms and bathroom, halogen on dimmers.

Looks like mixing 3 6500 with 2 2700 would get you pretty close to 5000K at a lower duv.