Brightest AAA size light available

Holy $&@! You got 6 amps out of a event 10440?

I’d be afraid of it blowing my fingers off.

No, 3A to 3,6A, you misread :wink: the Efest IMR10440 is only good for max 3,6A.

The reason i write it like that is because the last bit of amp, depends a lot of how low you can make the resistance in the circuit, from the battery through the spring and through the pcb with heavier gauge wire to the Noctigon mcpcb.

And it is not certain you even want max amp without any modes because then it gets even hotter and lasts even shorter.

Ahhhh Ok, that makes since. I was like Wtf how in the world is this possible. I read at 3.3 to 6 amps and was really confused.

You may be right, i will change it to 3-3.6A instead that may be a more correct way to express it.

Cajampa,
So if using the stock driver on 10440, I only get one mode which is max? And if I install that wights 12/13 driver , I should get more modes correct?

If so, I may purchase two or maybe even more, and get both versions made. Thanks for your help.

Fritz cat did respond with a tail clicky host. Sounds a bit difficult tho. Smiling shark ss 5039

Yes that is correct, with wight’s driver it should be able to provide any modes set up one could want.
The “should” comes from that i haven’t done it yet, but anyone who can program any other ATTINT13A-SSU based driver should be able to use the plenty available firmwares here on BLF for this driver also.

This is a good start on how to program a firmware on the attiny13a.

Yeah i have checked his mod thread, but the pill design looks a bit problematic, actually VFMaddict in this thread spoke about the
TANK007 TK-703 that looks a bit interesting, i found a mod thread on it that indicates that at least the driver is replaceable, i still don’t know what the pill design is or if it even is possible to get to the star to replace it.
But it has some nice quality’s like aluminum reflector (that will get much less throwy with a XP-L in it ;)) and some nice knurling and of course the clicky.
I know the Tank E09 is glued to make it very hard to mod but who know maybe the TK-703 isn’t.

It is still kind of expensive thou, more so than would take a chance buy on it, but i will see, it is a possible candidate.

Looks like you found one.

The problem with the THRUNITE Ti4 Ti is that it is really not safe running an efest 10440, the titanium is an even worse heatsink than stainless, so the risk of the light breaking by desoldering the led or wires & shorting out or burning the driver is very high, it could possible be usable with a lifepo4 10440 3,2v but then you are already down to maybe 250-300 lumens or less of output, but that could at least be usable.
I have though about it because it is a beautiful & cheap (for titanium :laughing: light :wink: and it is modable, at least the led is reachable for a nice upgrade.

You said up there that you didn’t know of a board to base a small FET driver on for the SS 5039, have you checked out wight’s smaller drivers? could those fit, what is the driver size needed?

Boaz said the lumintop tool with a 10440 can hit about 400 lumens. That’s pretty impressive and a clicky as well.
I don’t like the UI tho.
Are there any other factory ligjts besides the lumi tool and ti4 that can do 500 lumens?

How come you didn’t dedome any xpl’s on your jexree? I hear output is nearly the same for an xpl dedome.

Where is a good place to buy the jexree mini?

I have planned to, i have got some XP-L V6 1A’s & V6 3A on sinkpads from LEDDNA for just that :slight_smile:

But i really like the big soft spot and floody light, so i am probably going to wait to test it, for when i can get some drivers build.

Because this thing put out so much light already that concentrating the hotspot will only worse the potentially blinding effect :wink: if you shine it on something to close.

I hope the 3A will dedome nice, those who have tried it say the xp-l goes more left along the BBL and only 2-3 steps on the ANSI chart than the XM-L2 that goes more like 3-4 steps & often one up, so i hope the 3A will end up somewhere about 4D,4C.

Nice on the Lumintop Tool, i didn’t know that.

The only place i know is the Jexree store on aliexpress i have linked to it several times in this thread, or search google for the jexree mini and you find very easily :wink:

Or you can buy the Ultrafire LZZ-06 that is essentially the same from places like dx & wallabuys, just search google & i am sure you can find more.

All I could find on Aliexpress required buying minimum of 3…I just want one. So I was hoping that there was another place to get them from.

I’ll try the LZZ maybe…

Thanks.

xpl v6 2A was what i have heard to get the best dedome tint. less yellowing and green, nice neutral color.
i will be ordering from intl outdoor, and most likely go with the 2C. will not be dedoming after what you said….its true, be even more blinding up close work.

now gotta wait for shipping time for these jexrees

Where can find the V6 2A?? the only i ever heard talk about it before is Mitko, i asked him but he never responded……
2A would likely be ideal to get a nice NW after a dedome.

You are right i just checked, they are a bit strange on the jexree store, sometimes the sell them for 5$ sometimes even a bit under, sometimes the want 5$+2$shipping and now they don’t seem to sell singles at all……hmm the cheapest i find them now is $14 for 3…sorry.

EDIT
I found that the do sell them in 1 but now they want 10$ for one……crazy, they really don’t like selling them in singles it seem

EDIT2
I tried to find some good source for these but it was much harder than i thought, there is only dx or wallbuys besides jexree both much more than i payed for mine, so i guess the best deal for now is jexree on aliexpress for 3, i am glad i already decided to buy several more otherwise i would maybe wait for the next aliexpress promotion when they drop their prices again.

not sure actually. cereal killer was the one that told me about it. he prolly has a place where he gets it from.

Thanks for taking a look….I think that I might hold off until a sale or discount comes along. (Hopefully soon! Ha Ha)

Ok good to know.

I found a XP-L V5-2A just now in the LED database - BLF collaboration spreadsheet, on banggood of all places, so now i at least now where to find one if my other xp-l dedoming experiment look good and i want to improve the tint :slight_smile: i think the difference between V6 & V5 would hardly be noticeable, but i still hope i can find a V6 2A :wink:

And now i found another XP-L V5-2A at fasttech