brightest budget light on 1xAA

lol, nice reading the post and been receiving tons of email (notifications of post updates), thought someone is missing me. hahaha

I myself has been carrying a SC50w, not the latest of the zebralight offerings but has been super reliable and been my edc for quite a while. Still a good budget light carried around has its own purpose and based on experience having a $10 light is better than being left without light in the dark. My first edc is the Romisen rc g2 and still working up to now and has earn the spot in my shelf.

Actually my EDC is a $10 TK-703. LOL! I use it to check server racks and stuff while in the IT day job.... and as a professional photographer it is sometimes useful during checking equipment in the bag at low-light events like Dinner & Dance or in the pubs....

And yes Hyde you said it, gals like the red E03. My wife wants one, her lady colleague wants one FOC might I add (What the....), and 2 of my office lady colleagues want one.

Red E03 -> WW XM-L

Blue E03 -> CW XM-L

Black E03 -> NW XM-L

I had a 914 -6 ....just without the two extra cylinders ....or heat:P

these guys are professional drivers ..I know some "real racers" no matter what that guy had in his chevy he was a dead man .. talent that makes up for a lack of horsepower ..

that was a nice story ..remind me to get something to drink first next time you're gonna wax eloquently .

Paul Newman has done great things for kids with really harsh disabilities .. he has a great camp my nephew just came back from .

the D-10 moded does 300+ on an lmr.. match moded the Ex-10 after I did mine and pm'ed me screaming.... whee!!!!! he said he shelved a zebralight for it and started edcing the ex-10 ..I think he did the ezAA and said the same thing .. they scream .. like almost double the output than before ..

I don't think the op is asking for that .2100 I understand needing a little whee in ones life (maybe 800 lumen 16340 lights is just what the doctor ordered )

I agree the xeno eo3 was a brilliant idea 3 colors 3 choices of tint .. the finger grooves I think is bold and yet almost a real dumb idea .When they went to an xml i thought trooplewis was smart to hunt down an xpg version(ugly blue)

In a BLACKOUT ?? are you talking you're bombed and are imagining the noxema girl from 1968 and you're Joe Namath ?? maybe you did have a blackout ...

Ehh bro, there are so many members' pocket rockers in the mod section here / CPF. We already have that no mods required, L2m with UF 3-mode, generic IMR 16340. 11.90 L2 tube, $5 L2M body tube, drop in for $15, IMR @ 3.25. And you swap out with XP-G drop-in to be more useful, no sweat. Foil + HS compound takes care of things.

I'm actually after quite a bit more, can't find a 1000W MH smallish searchlight (can do hobby packs and inverter later for portability). The 0.6 deg beam 3-10kW Sky Trackers are too big. Sealed

Do you know about the 2 billion CP WW-II carbon arc? That really got someone into trouble (FAA or Police helicopters landing and stuff like that), sad that it was sold.

PS. Sorry, just have to link to this. Innocent

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar/moddoolar-pocket/prod_223.html

Oh...I need to add this, forgot about it. I absolutely hate the GITD tailcap plastic switch on the Xeno E03. Totally out of place on the blue and red models. Shessh.... Luckily you can fit a regular rubber cover that you get with 18650 flashlights, just put it on top. It fits perfectly and rather tightly and does not drop out. No surgery needed, just put it on top.

Agenthex both of my R5A3s have the 3 mode strobe delete mod, it is a very simple mod and one has a 1D tint XML also.

I just received my Xeno E03 and will test it in a few minutes as having trouble with my broken hand. 2 weeks shipment from hkequipment is really great

tested it on both AA eneloop and 14500, All I can say it is really bright on both batteries an I really like this light.

Super bright in 14500 and I love the cool white tint.

I've got a purple Xeno E03 (XP-G) and it is worth the money.

how much for the xpg version? does it produce more light than the xml on AAs?

im betting trooplewis hunted this one down before they went xm-l and they are a rare bird now. i could be wrong but i think the only way to score one of these is to talk an owner out of one.

http://www.bestinone.net/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=xeno&category_id=35&page=3

I think bestinone has them still .... contact wendy ho .

my old girlfrind had that same last name.

small world , go figure

http://www.bestinone.net/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=xeno&category_id=35&product_id=813

nice detailed specs it says 140 on a AA nimh

not to be flippant but im imagining that, in terms of degrees of separation, everybody on the planets number to a girl with the last name of Ho is two

There are some XP-Gs around brand new, seen some before but forgot where. And it wasn't that long ago, probably 1 month tops.

I've met a few women whose last name was probably HO.

Keep the recommendations coming!

Coincidentally, I'm actually looking for a budget 1xAA flashlight at the moment too so the thread is useful. I do agree durability is important, anything which tends to break if you drop it once is perhaps not greatly worthwhile....

I'm personally looking for something under US$20 shipped but would also be interested in under US$10 or even US $5 shipped. And 14500 compatibility is not that important. But don't want to hijack this thread. The Xeno E03 looks nice but a little too expensive.

anything which tends to break if you drop it once is perhaps not greatly worthwhile....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya05YpvhLWs

i think I saw that thread on CPF

600,000 times ..

isn't that why they hid the budget forum ?

The advantage to the XP-G is that is more of a thrower in the Xeno, whereas the XM-L throws out a wall of light

Too many variables in this question ..and the xeno was off the table the moment he asked the question since he had one coming already .. but it fooled a lot of people into thinking he was asking if he should buy one or not ..clearly not the case .. in pure AA form the xeno isn't a stellar performer on AA's anyway but makes up for it on 14500.. So the real question should be ..what was the question ?

appears it's ..."what light is best on AA's "

troop raises a good point ..the xml and the xpg are close ,, yet different ..what are you whating to use your light for .I lean towards the xpg too vs. the xml in this light

I came to ask the brightest on AA as it seems that none of my budget light seems to match the brightness of my Nitecore D10. I use my budget lights as EDC backups, Camp lanterns and thrower light during hiking/camping.

wanted to make sure I have the

brightest (for camp lantern using diffuser as I have for all sizes)

Most throw (as my thrower light looking at a distance)

The only certain on my setup is the headlamp which I use the Zebralight H51.

Currently I'm leaning towards the Xeno E03 and Romisen RC29.

that might change as I have two more lights in transit, Ultrafire C3 3 mode and Sipik Sk68.

For throw 14500 is an option but flexibility on being able to use AAs is what I'm looking for.

Money well spent! The Sipik might surprise you for the price.