brightest budget light on 1xAA

$36 + 6 is more than tactical hid sells them for? or same for intl?

Nice to get your attention bro.... :) 35.49 + 5.99 is for international. Think CONUS is 35.49 +2.99 or something. That's for WW. NW is 33.49.

The China site would be much cheaper. Next week, its already Thur now. So something for you to look forward to.

Really? NW, too? Ready to click buy if so.

NW, yep. EVERYTHING! Sealed

CW, WW, NW.

Forget about other lights, Xeno products are high quality...something like ITP. Pocket Rocket. Then order the IMRs, safer also. Of course practise heat control. Sealed

I'll post the info soon when its on sale...no worries. Share it here first for our bros here, then I'll put it up on CPF. (if it does not get deleted, that is. LOL!)

Ex-10's and ezAA's ...all new in the box

and a few Ex-10's w/neutral xpg r4

the nitecores in neutral are wonderful.........

The rest of what i have are in such limited quantities ...they just won't leave they like it here .

maybe a few NIB D-10's with neutral xpg R4 mod.

D-10 is just impossible to find

Yes $20 max is a budget light but I would also consider sub $30 but anything more is expensive for an AA light.

Here's what I got from the spreadsheet.

Throw Battery Throw at 1m
Mr.Lite J4 High AA NiMH 5710
Trustfire F25 High AA NiMH 3530
Brightest Est. Lumens
Ultrafire C3 R5 AA NiMH 159
EastwardYJ J09 High AA NiMH 164

One more for the E03. Durability drop test. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZrH2ALjNrE

It really is the "NW" and "WW" that makes it "budget". Heck for XM-Ls, I only know 2 other NWs and they are inb the $100 range...and how about WW, I don't even know of any.

Boaz, i'd certainly love a Nitecore XM-L in small pocketable format, I wouldn't mind a 110mm length 18650 based light also if they don't wanna push it. Laughing

LIke I said i don't think brightness is a reasonable test of a light..If you hate thye hell out of the xeno e3 cuz it has weird finger cut outs and you just hate it ..it doesn't matter how many lumens it does .. or if it's bright as hell for 4 minutes than falls on it's face what good is it ?

the N-light b2s that old4570 tested did almost 500 lumens on a 14500

it's also stainless steel and sexy as hell .. i bought a r5 a3 and it burnt up immediately beyond that it just doesn't impress me or feel right in my hand .asking a AA light to do more than they do or judging it only on lumens is like saying a car with more horsepower is a better car .. it's just a bad way of car shopping .. you'd never shop for a woman that way :)

I'm not trying to sell a light in fact it's not fair to compare a 60$ light against a 40$ light

but i'd take the ex-10 over the xeno eo3 any day of the week ..But like i said too many factors weigh in and output is only one of them .

sub $20 i have a real fondness for the tank 566

the eastward 4 mode AA is such a nice light it's worth taking the chance on getting the 4 mode if not mod it .

Sub $10 life gets real hard

Boaz, I know what you mean, but you are a bit off the mark. The OP did mention his specific wants in the first post. Laughing

Also the E03 does not gun for 4 mins and falls off the cliff. It gets hot but I am in the tropics, in a winter country it can easily do > 5 mins on high at about 1.6A. The Trustfire 14500s are better than that. I am aware of that few minutes thingy, but that's for the R5-A3 test, not the E03. My own tests with TF14500 I don't experience that. Laughing

You have a choice of operating at lower levels, its 3-modes so its flashaholic friendly.

We can't be asking people to get Olight M20/Nitecores just because of the 2-finger idents that look nasty. Actually i have no issue with that. There are lights better than E03 of course, and then there are also lights which operate better than Nitecores. (I don't know if the current issues with Nitecore reported at CPF are real or not).

Like i said, I like how the Nitecores styles, i'd really love to get one if there is a XM-L.

an xml will crush a 16340 or a 14500 .. you can put xml's in these lights but they won't work .. the spark headlamp has a warm or neutral xml in it ..doing all of 190 lumens with not great runtime at that ..

you can put a xml in anything .. just like you can put a big block in a pinto but it won't corner ...

wow factor isn't worth having a light that doesn't work for you .. newbies are impressed with 70 lumens ..hell I'm impressed with 70 lumens .. factor in the fact that they human eye closes immediately and shuts down all those impressive numbers ...and the inverse square law says you need way more than an xml will pump out to impress most of us flashnerds .

my final answer is an xpg is the smart move on a AA/14500 light get a great UI ,and get a much broader choice of sweet tints too.

If You want 800-1000 lumens get a 18650 & an XML.

Bro, I have way too man 18650s and XM-Ls. LOL! I think I have 8. I have neutral XP-Gs etc.

Like i said, the E03 occupies in a niche. Sorry if you do not appreciate it, but many do. This is just one of the areas that I am interested in. If I really want light, I do HIDs you'd have auto types, metal halides, short arcs, there is absolutely no fight. Again I am sorry if you do not see the reason why people would dabble in that....but there are people who plays in that kind of hobby. As in with lasers (eg some of them LPFers do not see why you'd want to play with flashlights esp 100 bucks for "a small stupid light").

Hope I made sense....and no offence. Laughing

PS. I agree with the eye's pupil shutting off the bright light phenomenon. Some tasks require flood, that is why I need some flood in a small light, which most prob i'd be using the light for. The Solarforce XP-G that I have which has good throw + good lumens, but there is absolutely no mistake the difference between the XP-G and E-03 XM-L in close quarters. Everyone cannot be using XR-E R2s for everything, if throw is all there is, right?

A nimh AA sorta changes the game too .......i did hear him say 30 was a ceiling .You can't buy a AW14500 imr and stay in a reasonable budget either ....my point was that the xeno eo3 is a nice light if you like it But certainly not the only light in town and not even in his price range .Xeno makes nice stuff ........... no one makes a sub 100$ neutral ????..... rip it open and put one in ....... ....................................they are only 10 bucks .............it ain't rocket surgery :P.

they trained a chimpanzee to solder in 14 minutes ... the panda is still trying to open the flashlight

OT a bit .... Think no one makes a WW XM-L, that was that i said. Esp one that is powerful enough (lumens). The 2 NW XM-Ls are Zebralight SC600 or something, and the Lumintop TD15X T5. Oh man, if someone makes a 3 x T5 WW triple Sky Ray. Orgasmic. Innocent

I know modding is one of the best route, i am modding HIDs (which begs to be modded anyway, check out CPF HID....of coz you would not wanna mod a Polarion LOL!). But that's more for the bigger sizes, i can't solder for nuts for small pocket rockets. But like you said, for modding, people have been modding XM-Ls for 16340/14500 for quite long....there is nothing wrong with it as long as there are modes to bring it down.

I think i posted earlier...or perhaps its in another thread here, and also at CPF. Check out mitro's test on generic LiMn, great stuff and all real flashaholics should store a pair of 18350, 18650, 14500 for performance use.

www.bestinone.net. A pair of IMR 14500 is only 7.99 shipped with registered air mail, so you get 1 more for use in another 14500 light. Ok so the CW E03 is usd29.90 shipped so with the battery it is over the top. TF flames 14500 is erm....$4.22/pr shipped. In the E03, the IMR can push 2.4A, and LiCo it would be ~ 1.7A fresh.

The good thing is that its 3-mode flashaholics approved, plus its not PWM so mid and lows are really usable. So with a NiMH AA you get a couple of rock steady lumens, even lower intensity but floody light than a ITP A1 EOS.

Come next week, the E03 NW and WM will be affordable as well for the international buyers.

im wondering if Ian 2381 is asking himself "what did i get myself into?"

there is a great story (possibly apocryphal) of paul newman and someone (skip barber possibly??) screaming around the back road somewhere in two identical vw bugs, one of which had a small block chevy v-8 shoehorned int the back seat and the other a ported and polished engine from a porsche 914-6.

newman, driving the small block chevy v-8 prepared Bug, at one point, having lost his buddy, ends up challenging a guy driving a '57 chevy that he has obviously spent hours and hours working on to a drag race on a lonely stretch of road, they slow to a stop, and at one point, the race is on.

even from the other car, newman could tell that this guy was frantic that this VW BUG! was keeping up with his car. and as newman begins to start to pull ahead, in the fast lane the other Bug with the porsche 6 smashes by at top speed and leaves them both standing still.

newman's recollection was that the last he saw of the guy, he had taken the next exit and disappeared.

sometimes, a sleeper is exactly the right thing.

that said,i carry an older d-10 as EDC, it could be brighter,

(boaz, you are my hero, how do i do the R4 mod? or sell me one of yours?)

but i carry it because it ALWAYS works, eats anything, takes a punch, and keeps its flashes out of sight. did i spend too much for it at 50+ dollars? nope. do my friends think so? yup.

i think the E-03 project is genius. one style (like it or dont), cool/neutral/warm , three colors, mix and match, sell out periodically. would i own one for 25+usd ? absolutely. would i use it everyday or at work? never.

i just looked and i have three TR A5-R3 in the house for which i spent, in total, 42usd, just about what a neutral E-03 shipped to my door would be. which is more useful? in a blackout, ill take the three, but if a girl needs a light in the dark and you happen to have a red, WW E-03, with new batteries....well..

sometimes a sleeper is just the right thing

lol, nice reading the post and been receiving tons of email (notifications of post updates), thought someone is missing me. hahaha

I myself has been carrying a SC50w, not the latest of the zebralight offerings but has been super reliable and been my edc for quite a while. Still a good budget light carried around has its own purpose and based on experience having a $10 light is better than being left without light in the dark. My first edc is the Romisen rc g2 and still working up to now and has earn the spot in my shelf.

Actually my EDC is a $10 TK-703. LOL! I use it to check server racks and stuff while in the IT day job.... and as a professional photographer it is sometimes useful during checking equipment in the bag at low-light events like Dinner & Dance or in the pubs....

And yes Hyde you said it, gals like the red E03. My wife wants one, her lady colleague wants one FOC might I add (What the....), and 2 of my office lady colleagues want one.

Red E03 -> WW XM-L

Blue E03 -> CW XM-L

Black E03 -> NW XM-L

I had a 914 -6 ....just without the two extra cylinders ....or heat:P

these guys are professional drivers ..I know some "real racers" no matter what that guy had in his chevy he was a dead man .. talent that makes up for a lack of horsepower ..

that was a nice story ..remind me to get something to drink first next time you're gonna wax eloquently .

Paul Newman has done great things for kids with really harsh disabilities .. he has a great camp my nephew just came back from .

the D-10 moded does 300+ on an lmr.. match moded the Ex-10 after I did mine and pm'ed me screaming.... whee!!!!! he said he shelved a zebralight for it and started edcing the ex-10 ..I think he did the ezAA and said the same thing .. they scream .. like almost double the output than before ..

I don't think the op is asking for that .2100 I understand needing a little whee in ones life (maybe 800 lumen 16340 lights is just what the doctor ordered )

I agree the xeno eo3 was a brilliant idea 3 colors 3 choices of tint .. the finger grooves I think is bold and yet almost a real dumb idea .When they went to an xml i thought trooplewis was smart to hunt down an xpg version(ugly blue)

In a BLACKOUT ?? are you talking you're bombed and are imagining the noxema girl from 1968 and you're Joe Namath ?? maybe you did have a blackout ...

Ehh bro, there are so many members' pocket rockers in the mod section here / CPF. We already have that no mods required, L2m with UF 3-mode, generic IMR 16340. 11.90 L2 tube, $5 L2M body tube, drop in for $15, IMR @ 3.25. And you swap out with XP-G drop-in to be more useful, no sweat. Foil + HS compound takes care of things.

I'm actually after quite a bit more, can't find a 1000W MH smallish searchlight (can do hobby packs and inverter later for portability). The 0.6 deg beam 3-10kW Sky Trackers are too big. Sealed

Do you know about the 2 billion CP WW-II carbon arc? That really got someone into trouble (FAA or Police helicopters landing and stuff like that), sad that it was sold.

PS. Sorry, just have to link to this. Innocent

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar/moddoolar-pocket/prod_223.html

Oh...I need to add this, forgot about it. I absolutely hate the GITD tailcap plastic switch on the Xeno E03. Totally out of place on the blue and red models. Shessh.... Luckily you can fit a regular rubber cover that you get with 18650 flashlights, just put it on top. It fits perfectly and rather tightly and does not drop out. No surgery needed, just put it on top.

Agenthex both of my R5A3s have the 3 mode strobe delete mod, it is a very simple mod and one has a 1D tint XML also.