brightest budget light on 1xAA

I just received my Xeno E03 and will test it in a few minutes as having trouble with my broken hand. 2 weeks shipment from hkequipment is really great

tested it on both AA eneloop and 14500, All I can say it is really bright on both batteries an I really like this light.

Super bright in 14500 and I love the cool white tint.

I've got a purple Xeno E03 (XP-G) and it is worth the money.

how much for the xpg version? does it produce more light than the xml on AAs?

im betting trooplewis hunted this one down before they went xm-l and they are a rare bird now. i could be wrong but i think the only way to score one of these is to talk an owner out of one.

http://www.bestinone.net/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=xeno&category_id=35&page=3

I think bestinone has them still .... contact wendy ho .

my old girlfrind had that same last name.

small world , go figure

http://www.bestinone.net/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=xeno&category_id=35&product_id=813

nice detailed specs it says 140 on a AA nimh

not to be flippant but im imagining that, in terms of degrees of separation, everybody on the planets number to a girl with the last name of Ho is two

There are some XP-Gs around brand new, seen some before but forgot where. And it wasn't that long ago, probably 1 month tops.

I've met a few women whose last name was probably HO.

Keep the recommendations coming!

Coincidentally, I'm actually looking for a budget 1xAA flashlight at the moment too so the thread is useful. I do agree durability is important, anything which tends to break if you drop it once is perhaps not greatly worthwhile....

I'm personally looking for something under US$20 shipped but would also be interested in under US$10 or even US $5 shipped. And 14500 compatibility is not that important. But don't want to hijack this thread. The Xeno E03 looks nice but a little too expensive.

anything which tends to break if you drop it once is perhaps not greatly worthwhile....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya05YpvhLWs

i think I saw that thread on CPF

600,000 times ..

isn't that why they hid the budget forum ?

The advantage to the XP-G is that is more of a thrower in the Xeno, whereas the XM-L throws out a wall of light

Too many variables in this question ..and the xeno was off the table the moment he asked the question since he had one coming already .. but it fooled a lot of people into thinking he was asking if he should buy one or not ..clearly not the case .. in pure AA form the xeno isn't a stellar performer on AA's anyway but makes up for it on 14500.. So the real question should be ..what was the question ?

appears it's ..."what light is best on AA's "

troop raises a good point ..the xml and the xpg are close ,, yet different ..what are you whating to use your light for .I lean towards the xpg too vs. the xml in this light

I came to ask the brightest on AA as it seems that none of my budget light seems to match the brightness of my Nitecore D10. I use my budget lights as EDC backups, Camp lanterns and thrower light during hiking/camping.

wanted to make sure I have the

brightest (for camp lantern using diffuser as I have for all sizes)

Most throw (as my thrower light looking at a distance)

The only certain on my setup is the headlamp which I use the Zebralight H51.

Currently I'm leaning towards the Xeno E03 and Romisen RC29.

that might change as I have two more lights in transit, Ultrafire C3 3 mode and Sipik Sk68.

For throw 14500 is an option but flexibility on being able to use AAs is what I'm looking for.

Money well spent! The Sipik might surprise you for the price.

Really excited with this light, read a lot of good reviews.

Update, I just received the Ultrafire C3 in full steel from manafont.

I love the light overall but seems not bright enough compared to my other lights, so this is out of the equation. maybe a mod will change my view though.

Good choice - I really quite like the Sipik and the flexibility it provides. Still carry it regularly even though I have some much brighter lights in my collection.

2100, is the light output noticeably brighter using a IMR vs AW Protected 14500? I love my E03 on 14500's :D I just got into flashlights recently, so I dont have many to compare it too, but WOW.... This light is bright on just protected 14500's... Everyone needs one.

Almost a month waiting and my Sipik SK68 has yet to arrive.

I just realized, Is the shiningbeams Romisen RCG2 R5 the brightest at 150 lumen output with single AA?

I have the old RCG2 P4 and was already impressed with its output and the shining beams version is 200% brighter. can anyone confirm this?

I just received two lights today, Xeno E03 NW and Sipik SK68. My impression is that the SK68 seems to have a bigger hot spot than some of my flood to throw lights. will test tonight the throw. The E03 is simply amazing, will be using it for camping/hiking.