Brightest Flashlight with a good flood setting

Check this out , as well .

What about something like this? Waterproof, adjustable focus, bright, and 1AA battery. The CREE Q5 LED Flashlight 7W 300LM Adjustable Focus Zoom

That's a Sipik SK68 clone (more than likely) and are great lights to pickup cheap from Ebay. They are ok bright on AA's and screaming bright on a 14500 Li-Ion.

-Garry

I think someone asked earlier if I would be holding both spear and light, and answer is yes. I am also willing to use 18650 / 26650 Li-Ion cells although I am not really sure the “risk” associated. Also, does anyone know if Home Depot would have that Defiant flash light on the shelves still.?.

The Defiant light is sort of hit or miss. Read in that thread (I know it's long) and try the "inventory checker" and look for stock that is below 30 indicating that they are out on display and people have found and bought them. You won't regret that light although it's a "thrower" with dim spill. Runs on alkalines very well though.

For a tutorial on Li-Ions there must be a post around here somewhere to link you. Hmm . . . anyone got a good one?

-Garry

Ah! Maybe this primer from Scaru?

-Garry

Ok, there are several variations of the C cell, I count 3 now, and at least one D cell. You want the C cell one, because there are issues with the D cell model in some switches. So go to this link, then find a store in your area, and use the inventory button, to see if the stores in your area have it in stock, okay?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203657319?catalogId=10053&langId=–1&keyword=defiant+flashlight&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=203657319#.UT-BA5b0eIs

You do not want the defiant for what you are looking for. The only thing it offers for you is that is uses C batteries.

For a few more dollars you can have a much better light with the TR-3T6.

Here is a list for you:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000947/1079200-trustfire-tr-3t6-cree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-3800lm-memory
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001637/1119500-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001901/1143802-sanyo-ur18650fm-18650-2600mah-protected-rechargeab

Why would someone recommend a Thrower without even Spill when he wants Brilliant Flood Charachteristics

Hi Gary, Probably because he said Extremely Bright and Floody, i just couldn’t think of to many other Torches that would do the same job for that Money, plus it would be suitable for many other purposes other than his intended use as well, and i don’t think the King is Expensive @ $37.90 less BLF Discount at Fastech. Just my thoughts. Cheers.

Holding spear and light? Go with a headlight like Garry recommended near the top. You’ll free up both hands and they are quite comfortable for long-term use.

Says my semi local Home Depot has the Defenders, I will probably try them and see how it is since they cheap, and if not happy then maybe try the TR-3T6. I got some money to play with so its all good. I would be spending a couple hundred on a floundering set up anyways so still saving money really.

Isn’t that the one that’s supposed to have the Dodgy Battery Carrier that falls apart when you put the Batteries in.

I wouldn't say it's that bad. You have to be easy with battery insertion / removal because the contacts can get pulled around, but it's not too bad. Other than that, the light is pretty nicely made.

-Garry

I still think a headlamp is more appropriate. Less risk of dropping and both hands free.

-Garry

Sounds like a good plan. I would think you want a lightweight light that you can strap to a band around your head for hands free use. The TR-3T6 is relatively heavy to be holding extended arm like, but it is a great light all around. If I had to recommend one light, it would be the TR-3T6. Big flood and very decent throw too. Best thing is it is very versatile battery wise. You can even run it on 4 AA Eneloops. There are some big Ni-mh’s out there called 4/3’s. They have a lot of capacity and can deliver a whole bunch of current. I use them in my TR-3T6 when I don’t want to mess with using balanced 18650’s (which is most of the time).

At least with the king he could put it in his Fishing Jacket Pocket after spearing the fish having both hands free to deal with the Fish, good luck doing that with a J18. He is tall so i assume he has big hands, a Kings not that Big and it does come with a Lanyard for your Wrist in case you should Drop it. It also has the ability to Tail stand in the boat for extra light if required.

I wouldn't mess around with clone Kings. If you are buying a king just get an authentic one from cnqualitygoods.

I agree here. I would go with a UF-H6. You can go with a cumbersome eBay headlamp if you don't care about having everything but the kitchen sink on your head.

I think you will wasting ~$25 on a light that you will not be happy with. I seriously urge you to get a TR-3T6 instead. I live by the principle that it's better to buy something "nice" once than to buy something "crap" twice.

[quote=Toph]

I love the King just about as much as anyone out there but it isn't an ideal light for him.

Plus what's the benefit of tailstanding a light in a boat? There isn't a ceiling for the light to be reflected off of and I doubt the spill will be inside of the boat.

Umm . . and my TF 3T6 arrived way under-driven (came from WallBuys). Newbie probably doesn't need a Li-Ion wrapped to his head either! How about the UF-H2 then? Fenix HP11 with diffuser?

-Garry