Brinyte B158 Flashlight GB- Ordering is a GO with coupon, all details in the OP! Updated: 12-09-15

Nope. At least not through the Gear Best channel. You are more than welcome to contact them through their aliexpress store, and see if they offer any other configuration options.

Here is the store:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/100129.html

If you’d like the email of the individual who runs their store you can PM me.

It’s definitely the XML2-U2 that comes with it. I verified this today with Brinyte. The version I reviewed was the U4, but Gear Best ordered the U2. It’s a cool white emitter.

You need 4 parts to hit 300kcd+.

A dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B on a 16mm Noctigon, solder or thermal adhesive to mount it, a good FET driver like the 17mm MTN-DD driver, and a wire jumper on the tailcap spring. All of these should be easy to order from the Mountain Electronics international store.

Is it worth ordering XP-G2 S3 3D LED on Noctigon @4750-5000K in neutral white?
Or will the lens shift the tint so the light wont be within specified range tint wise?

S4 seems to be the most efficient lumen wise, but S3 doesnt lag behind much(I understand that CW at the same lumens will look brighter than NW/WW?).

Looking into cool white or neutral white XP-E2 on Noctigon as well, should I try one of those also(depending on what you say about tint shift in zoomies)?

Thanks for your immediate reply guys! :)

OK, that's clear now. "Cree XM-L2 U4" is gb's mistake. I wish I knew what's the real difference between them (U2-U4 etc) though...

I believe I know what "solder or thermal adhesive" is. I've got a cheap soldering iron (could be this), but never had to use it since I've bought it.

I don't know what are the rest, so I searched them on mtnelectronics.com and found these:

• Regarding "dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B on Noctigon 16mm" I found this result.
    • I've searched for "dedome" @ BLF and found 223488 results! :O Could you (or/and someone else) give me link to understand how I could "dedome" it?
  • Regarding "good FET driver like the 17mm MTN-DD driver" I found these results. Which one do you suggest?
  • I'm really sorry, but as a newbie (who doesn't speak english as a native language) I don't understand what "wire jumper on the tailcap spring" is. I couldn't find "wire jumper" as a part in mtnelectronics.com, so I googled it and found some info @ wiki. The problem is that I don't know where to find (or how to make) it as part and -mainly- how to use it if I find (or manage to make) it!

Bottom line: I need a "How To" guide with pics/video in order to go on for the DIY and get the various parts (assuming somebody gives/confirms the links for the right parts), else I'm gonna RIP with the standard GB's White B158 XML2-U2 version.

The LED you found is correct, if you check the box that says dedome option it will come to you dedomed. The third driver (unfortunately currently out of stock) is the driver I’d recommend. It would come fully assembled.

Unless you have a butane torch I’d just use thermal adhesive to mount the MCPCB to the pill. You’ll need the soldering iron to make the connection between the positive and negative wires and the pads on the MCPCB, and to solder the ground ring of the driver to the brass pill.

Here’s a tutorial on adding a braid (I prefer 18-20ga silicone or Teflon coated wire). Tutorial for bridging springs

Fwiw you can order the FET +1 driver with Toykeepers firmware from Mtnelectronics with the driver spring already bypassed so all you need to do is solder the emitter wires.

His concern, I think, was how to do it on the tailcap, but good to note so he realizes it’s only on one end that he should need a spring bypass if he didn’t already.

Thanks for confirming this mhanlen. Gearbest should update their product specification, its not U4 they’re selling then.

S3 3d is good as it is, caus eof the tint, plus it aint that high amp emitter, youll hardly get 4 amps out of it( i ordered 10 or those, speaking of personal exp)

XPE2 is good only for EDC lights, every time i put that emitter in a flashlight i always say: why the hell didnt i put a XPG2 i there

Put me down for several CW ones….lets say 3pcs

I was thinking in that case if I de dome the standard emitter and fit the A6 BLF driver from Banggood will it run that or could it smoke the LED?
I’ll take one either way if it won’t take it I’ll get put XPL HI on Noctigon in it.
I need a better zoomie than my Zuesrays

BLF A6 driver aint good for hunting m8 :wink:
It needs to be reprogrammed, it always starts on moon

Yet, if you need it for walkarrounds it will be okay- you wont smoke the emitter

AN ordinarly XPL dedomes pretty fast and well, i suggest using V6 0D from fasttech, it looks better than most dedomed emitter( aint 0d tint but that doest matter alot)

And it’s 6500k.

:wink: Thanks

One red and one green. Thanks.

It’s a GO folks… OP update with detailed information, right at the top. Make sure you realize that if everyone were to order right now, not all lights will ship. There were about 30 more lights and as many pills ordered over the holiday weekend. Gear Best has placed it’s first order for:

1.White led flashlight, 20pcs, 5 modes(low-middle-high-Strobe-SOS)
2. red led flashlight, 45pcs, 2 modes(low-high),
3.green led flashlight, 5pcs, 2 modes(low-high),
4.empty module(with LED spacer, white plastic dis & ring), 30pcs

So basically, they’re trying to make up that difference, and will order more… so make sure you realize that some orders will need a week or more to ship. There’s nothing that can be done about that. Have patience. I have been in constant contact with Brinyte and Gear Best, and demand has well exceeded what we thought. Well… KKW called it. Please read the OP for coupons and additional ordering information.

Coupon code invalid.

I ordered one CW flashlight and one bare brass module (per my reservation).

No coupon was necessary. Prices stated in OP were the ones I found in my cart. Flashlight with cool-white emitter is $22.99. Bare brass module is $6.59. Tracking number and insurance add, respectively, $1.99 and $1.59. My total was $33.16.

Thanks for all the work you put into this group buy!

Thanks KIL. I had the dollars on Australian and not realized it. Thanks mhanlen for the mammoth effort.

Coupon was working for me. Order placed (red+pill) with tracking.
Thanks mhanlen!