Brinyte B158 Flashlight GB- Ordering is a GO with coupon, all details in the OP! Updated: 12-09-15

Hi guys, please clear the cache and make sure the price is us dollars :wink:

It's working now, thanks

Ordered a RED and one pill, thanx! Ooops, I'm on the list twice for RED but wanted only one. Might have been my fault for not making it clear...

Would be an excellent candidate for a de-domed XP-L using this new FET Mitko discovered, mentioned in post #615 here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30080

No problem at all, my fault. That just means it’s one more in stock for someone else right now. Thanks!

And Karen, pleeeeeeease insure these lights are packed properly, hopefully in a box?

Thanks, Mhanlen for organizing this gb ;)!

One white light and two pills on order :D!

Ugh… I was hoping this gb would take longer so I could spread my purchases out a little more. Just bought a new tv and phone over the weekend, my amex is hurting right now.

I don’t think anyone will mind you taking a bit to order yours. If everyone were to order a light today then only part of them would ship, because they only have a bit over 1/2 in stock.

hmm when do you think the restock will happen?

I’d estimate a week or so? I can’t be sure, most of the inventory stuff and order quantities have come from my contact or Brinyte. Gear Best said they’d contact their purchasing department today and place another order with Brinyte. Then it takes a few days to for Gear Best to get them. If I hear something I’ll post it here. Or if you step away for a few days and would like an update you can always shoot me a PM.

I’m new to this and while I do solder, I’ve never soldered to LED’s like these before. I’m interested, but are populated pills available? I see links for the blank pills and IF I pull the trigger, I’ll get at least one of those, but it would be nice to be able to get one complete WHITE LED flashlight, a RED, a GREEN, and an empty screw in pill.

Am I missing a link somewhere? Or do I just get several blanks and suck up and figure out how to make my own?

So for the bare pills, Gear Best needs at least 10 of each for an order. There hasn’t been much interest in them. While I hesitate to suggest you buy three lights… it shouldnt be hard at all to solder a driver to an LED.

Most people buy LEDs already on a “star.” A star has two solder points clearly labeled + and - The drivers usually have a red and black lead already attached…. you press fit the driver into the brass ring that comes with the brass pill… take the two leads up through the holes in the brass pill solder them to the LED star… put some thermal paste on the bottom of the star center it, and place the two plastic parts on the top to center the LED/star.

Check out this video I did… you’ll not need to know the first part as much… but I show you how to solder the two leads from an already installed driver to the LED.

I do plan on making a video on this install job (it may take a few weeks)… I am probably the least skilled modder around, and it ain’t hard.

Also watch my review around the 2:45ish mark, It shows you the completed pill from both sides.

Price keeps jumping up and code only bring red down to $29. It starts at $28 then jumps to $39.95 when I put it in the cart and drops to $29 with coupon for red. It kept switching from AU to US dollars. Fixed when I manually set to US dollars. Order completed for one red and one pill.

Gearbest please check your pm.
I sent you a pm.
Thank you.

Expect them to reply either late at night or early morning… I will rarely get a PM in the middle of the day from them. Sometimes it takes as long as 24 hours. Just an FYI, because they’re on China time.

+1 on this.

Mhalen that video review of your was it done with the stock light of after you made mods to it?
Your video is what sold me the light especially the scene above where it lights up the side wall of the house.

It’s the stock light.

10 red lights and 10 bare pills ordered. I’ll order the other 10 in a week or two so others can get their orders in on this first wave of lights.

Ok folks, mine is finally modded. I pulled out the video camera and kept it rolling. Expect some output figures, beamshots, and a how to video covering the whole process. Batteries are charging, so I won’t have output figures right now, but I’ll put it up against my Acebeam T20, which produces somewhere in the neighborhood of 260kcd.

So anyone wanting to know how it’s done will have a step by step guide. It was fairly easy, although it took me 30 minutes or so- mostly because I suck at soldering. I should have the video edited and up in a few days. I threw in an XPL HI 16mm, and the plastic spacer fits it perfectly.