Brinyte: What did you do to your B158?

So mine may be a bit different than most. Its got a 5.4 amp qlite with guppydrv, driving a Nichia 319a SW503 D400. “Only” 83kcd, 577 meters throw, which is probably quite a bit less than an XP-G2 or XP-L HI build, but I really like the hex-shaped beam better than the usual square.

With what do you guys paint that thing in black? I have a similar light, and wanted to reduce the artifacts… Thanks and sorry for the off-topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine up there is painted with flat black high-temp engine enamel. Its in a spray can, but I sprayed it in a plastic cup and brushed it on. It does a great job reducing the artifacts, but its still not perfect.

Quite cool, though, emarkd! It may not be “perfcet” but I’m sure it will reduce the artifacts if compared with the white “gaskets” these lights bring! Thanks for the tip/answer, gonna see if I see that around here!! :+1:

I picked up mine when they first became available.
I replaced the driver with a Mtn fet plus single 7135 loaded with the BLF A6 firmware and the driver spring bypassed.
Replaced the led with a XP-L HI V2 3B on Noctigon also from Mountain.
Switch was replaced with a 1288 reverse clickie/tail spring pypassed and I used flat black hi heat gas barbeque paint on the white retaining ring.
I still need to raise the pill with a thin slice of copper water pipe to give a wider full flood.