BTU PK26 CREE XHP35 20W MINI Pocket Rocket

26350 batteries are quite rare.

Not anymore. M4d M4x has a group buy on them.

My qty 4 26350's from the group buy just shipped yesterday .

Love it! Sand looks really nice.

could someone please chime in on this 26350 cell? Will this light run on an 18350 Efest, or does it need to be higher than 10A high drain.

thank you.

RIC is recommending a 15A - 20A high drain cell. The Manker U21 (also an XHP35 single cell light, reviewed here) I measured drawing ~5.5A at the tail to power the LED at just over 1A. RIC is saying the LED gets 1.5A on turbo, so, if the driver efficiencies are about the same, you are looking at 7.5A-8A drain from the cell I would think, if these #'s are all actual, real in the production units. Manker rated the U21 for 1.3A at the LED but I measured less (1.08A) on a clamp meter.

Dunno what that EFEST cell was tested at, but it needs to be doing close to, or a true 10A continuous - EFEST, as others, are known for over-rating the draw #'s.

thanks Tom. Are there any 18350 cells with 15A high drain?

edit: are these 26350 cells high drain of at least 12A? Can these also be used in place of an 18350? Same diameter?

Uhh, 26350's are the same width of 26650's -

26650 = 26 mm width, 65.0 mm length (26-650, same for 18-650/18-350)

These 26350's: http://www.banggood.com/2pcs-26350-2000mAh-3_7V-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-With-Battery-Case-p-1065508.html, are not rated in output, so, who knows. Mine shipped yesterday from BG.

18350's are rare of course, but they got a bunch listed here: https://www.imrbatteries.com/18350-batteries/. Looks like the best is the EFEST and MXJO, both rated at 10.5A (probably the same cell). I'd go with a flat top as your best bet. I got 2 MXJO 26650's, and they are a true high drain, low resistance.

Available for preorder at MTN!!

ordered one from Ric. The long wait begins :slight_smile: We’ll see if it beats those from Richard in time. I went with Ric as Mountain didn’t have the Black in HD.

Tried to to submit order from Ric but “Select one shipping method” error message appeared. Unfortunately, no way to select any type of shipping.

Edit - Oh!! great that Richard has them too - but as previously pointed out - no Black in HD :frowning:

RIC didn't have the HD's yet, but soon I think. Listed here also, but 6-9 biz days means BangGood doesn't have them on hand either: http://www.banggood.com/BTU-PK26-CREE-XHP35-20W-NW-2000lumens-Mini-Pocket-LED-Flashlight--p-1067821.html.

Safest bet would be RIC or MtnE I'd think - I'm expecting one next week for review, but might not make it in time before my vaca.

As we only have 56pcs 26350 cells in stock for the moment. First 50 orders will get 1×26350 for free. We are told by battery supplier that Next batch of 26350 will get ready in 10 days.

Thats from rics first post.
Does it mean a free battery from mountain electronics preorder?

I just placed an order and chose to buy a 26350 battery.

I’m really interested in this, love the whole concept, although it would have been really nice if they would have put the same knurling that’s around the head on the tube/tail. The 3 different grip surfaces don’t look good at all IMO.

…………….
Looks like it has double click to turbo from off (same as the Olight R50 Seeker does) I wonder how this compares in output to the R50’s rated 2500lm.

………………

And no introductory price? (remembering the BLF pre-sale deal when the first DQG 18650 tiny was released)

Otherwise I think Banggood has 8% discount with BLF, (but no free battery for first 50) Also BG shows only NW (black or champagne) but no selection for HD or HI.

Take my money!!! I’m so broke!

What’s does BTU stand for?

Panasonic 26650 works well with the PK26. I think the drain is around 10A.

Ric

Bada Turbo Utility flashlight, major output, Turbo powered and hard working. BTU. :slight_smile: Hope that helps. hahaha

Bright Thing - Uhh, something like that.

Haha! Thanks!