BTU Shocker - 6 x 18650 carrier and battery tube kit?

I’d be interested to buy an extender tube if one was made available.

Thanks RMM. I just contacted btulight@gmail.com to see if that would help get the ball rolling. Ric’s name shows up in several places at www.btulight.com so Im not sure if he’s also the manufacturer. Either way, I cc’d him as well.

I just heard from Ric. He stated:

“BTU Shocker is made by ourselves. It will be sold out soon.

We will make BTU Shocker II, Will consider your good suggestion.

Thanks
RIC”

My reply:

“Hi Ric,

Thank you for your reply. If you’re going to make a BTU Shocker II, you should consider cloning the very good reflector from the Supbeam X60 and sell it with 6 x 18650. Please take a look here: Supbeam.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thanks”

I would prefer a 3x 26650 for a stubbier light

Stubby, fat as hell with (3) 26650’s wow! :open_mouth: Won’t fit any way’s Shocker takes 18650’s! :slight_smile:

3x 26650 = 60mm outer case compared to a 54mm 4x 18650, 72 wh vs 58 wh

At this point, Id be more than happy if Ric offered some extension tubes to lengthen the stock BTU battery tube. Then I could fab or mod my own carriers. Perhaps screw 3 additional tubes together for 4S3P 18650 cells to power 3 x HXP70’s with MCPCB’s in 12V config.

i need my BTU much longer and heavy!

4kilograms!

Hello.

I´m modding a BTU Shocker and I´m searching a longer battery tube.
I don´t need a battery carrier.

Is there anywhere such a battery tube available?

Tube of Magic Scorpion does fit I think, but long battery tube is not available for sale.

Can anyone tell me a shop where I can buy one?

Thanks a lot
Markus

Its been a while since Ive researched this, but I dont think anyone has yet confirmed that the Magic Scorpion tube is interchangeable with the BTU Shocker (although it seems that it should be). More reading here: BTU Magic Scorpion 50/250 Watt Hotwire Halogen Review (The Fire Starter)

Ikon in post #42 (from this thread) mentioned that the TK75 tube might be an easy mod candidate

I keep thinking about a long/heavy modded Shocker (4S3P 18650) with triple XHP35 HI (7.5A @16.8V for about 1.5 hours total run time). But at that point, a remote pack would probably make more sense.

There also exists aluminum tube stock with similar ID & OD dimensions to the Shocker tube. The stock Shocker tube could be bisected and a section could be added. If threading isnt an option, a step could be cut into each tube section on a lathe and then compression fitted and staked. It would look pretty good with a polished center.

For light weight, constant duty, long range, remote lighting chores, its often hard to beat this: 8000 lumen 100 watt HID handheld spotlight conversion.

Please let us know if you come up with something else.

An extended batterytube with 6 cells would be outstanding!

I would love to give the dedomed XM L2 U2 in my Shocker full power instead of 4-4,5A max due to forward voltage.

Grtz
Nico

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I´ve ordered one Extender Set for TK75, but this is with battery carrier for about 30€. The Carrier itsself costs about 19€, so tube alone would be at 10-15€, but not available alone.

You are right, I was looking for a alumium tube a long time ago, but I´ve no turning machine, so it´s difficult and expensive for me to fit it.

I´ll do this.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Im not sure that 2 x TK75 extension tubes might be a better option. At least you have a great starting point. Maybe you could PM Icon and ask more details about fitment on both sides of the TK75 tube and its interface between the BTU head.

Hi. I’ve canceled my order for TK75 extender because it doesn’t really fit.
Cnquality and banggood doesn’t sell tube of magic scorpion separately.
I will order a aluminum tube 50x2mm (inner diameter 46mm).this would be best and than mount It with screws because I can’t make a screw thread myself.
Thanks.

That might be the best option to avoid frustration in trying to modify Fenix threaded parts to work. How many cells, which emitters and driver do you intend to use for your mod?

Hi,
thanks.

This is off topic, but I would like to use three XHP-70, N4, 5000K on Sinkpad II in parallel on a copper plate, with a LD-3 Driver (15A at CC, DD maybe 22A) powered by four LiPo-Packs (each 2S, 1300mAh) in parallel.
I think XHP-70 have Vf with 7,0V or so and LiPo-Packs doesn´t have much Voltagedrop at only 5,5A per LiPo, so maximum Output will be there for a longer time ;).
Heatdissipation will be biggest Problem…

More infos, when I finished project.

Is there any progress/update on a 6 x 18650 extension tube for the BTU?

It died with the original owner of BTU. This host would have made for a great 3 x XHP-35 HI thrower, albeit on the long side.

That’s a real pity. Are there any proper boost driver options available to drive a 3 x XHP35 HI upgrade?

Although rectangular in shape, there are several listed on ebay that would seemingly do the job. For 3 x XHP-35, you would need one capable of safely sustaining 7.5A @ around 14.22V. Since these are cheap Chinese drivers, Id look for one capable of sustaining 10-15A at that voltage (to allow a margin of overhead to reduce the chances of failure). At this point, a box-style flashlight with CPU fan-cooled heat sink makes far more sense than the typical passively cooled long-tube flashlight. A large battery pack would also reduce the overall dimensions and provide full-power, long, continuous runs without overheating.