BTU Shocker - dead and gone ?

I have two BTU Shockers that I got kinda late in the game. I got em with parts missing and even had to make some parts, but the reflectors were there as was the glass.
One of them is now a Triple XHP-70 with dual battery carriers… one allows using 2 18650’s and the other is set up to run 6 18350’s. With the 6 half cells it pulls 14,455 lumens. I wasn’t pleased with the beam profile from the multi-die emitters in mirror finished reflector cups, so I put individual TIR optics in each one (glued the optic into the reflector cup with NOA61). Beam is nice, no artifacts, and it does the 14,455 through these optics, so all is well. I ran it very briefly on 3 18650’s and saw 20,000 lumens, but the copper traces vaporized on the battery carrier and I haven’t tried it again since I rebuilt them.

The other has 3 of the 9V MT-G2’s in it, with the battery carrier working as normal…3 series 18650’s. It does right at 10,000 lumens.

I’ve thought about selling the XHP-70 one, but just haven’t. Love the MT-G2 variant.

I tried to convince Ric to offer the extension kit with tube and carrier, but he never bought into it. He also mentioned that there would be a SuperShocker, but that also never came to fruition.

Well if anybody is looking to sell one for a payment of gratitude, I’m your guy :wink:

So it’s still revered ? Good to know. It sounds like there are some hidden away for a rainy day in BLF land. An extension would def be awesome. Some of you peeps must have the skills/equipment to make one ?

I have a Tom-E modded BTU Shocker, still one of my faves. I may do some further modding on it, may try the newer XP-L HI emitters in it, and work its internals to get more throw. Its a beast of a light, a massive hunk of metal for heat dissipation, and i like the short designed lights like the BTU.

Ummmm. Jeepers. That’s a lot of light. I want it. :expressionless: